IGNORED

Found an undiscovered Commando POW location

Lord Thag

Nice work John! :)

I've updated the page with the new map.

I don't think 2-3 should be quite as bad as it seems to be half done already. ;)

Hmm, just looking at the 1-3 map again and I don't see the POW location on there. Maybe I can try to see if I can add it myself. :ponder: We'll see how it goes.

Mitch

I just wanted to say you guys are awesome and thanks for everything you all do for the community. Have you given any consideration for the next game to tackle, which I'm sure won't be for quite a while? I understand this takes a lot of time and effort and I'm definitely not trying to pressure you into starting up another game. I'm just curious if there is another game one of you might have in mind for your next challenge.

I just wanted to say you guys are awesome and thanks for everything you all do for the community. Have you given any consideration for the next game to tackle, which I'm sure won't be for quite a while? I understand this takes a lot of time and effort and I'm definitely not trying to pressure you into starting up another game. I'm just curious if there is another game one of you might have in mind for your next challenge.

The last two games we did were more accident then anything else. Almost like someone dared us. ;) I'm willing if anyone has a 7800 game that they want done, if it's actually possible. I'd just need to be able to load it up in an emulator to do the screenshots and then patch'em together as best I can. However at the same time, right now I'm trying to fiddle around with linux which may make it difficult for me to do another map attempt in the short term as I'd either not be able to use paint shop pro for the stitching, or I'll have to get use to gimp etc. After christmas I'm planning on buying a second box to keep windows on however and I'll reinstall paintshop on that computer. From there on mapping 7800 games will be possible at any time. :)

With my limited knowledge on OSes and the like, I'm not man enough to attempt a dual-boot for the short term. I consider myself lucky enough if I can manage to get any linux to fully install at all! (I am posting from Knoppix 6 right now all the same, but that's a live cd. ;))

--

Mord

Yeah, I agree. It was strange-- it did feel like we kind of got dared into it.

To be honest, I'm surprised we've come this far. But, I do like the results.

Someday I still would like to see a color magazine "one-shot" about the 7800 with maps, cheats, and secrets.

It would be the magazine I wished I would have seen "back in the day", but only got a small glimpse of through Atarian articles.

Anyway, I went through the 7800's library--

here is the full list of games that I would classify as "mappable":

Alien Brigade

Choplifter! - this one would be quick to do, but would not be very useful to map, I think

Commando - DONE

Dark Chambers

Desert Falcon - are the levels and hieroglyphs placement random, or fixed? Is there an ending? Would be interesting to learn that.

Double Dragon

Ikari Warriors

Jinks - would anybody care? :)

Kung-Fu Master

Midnight Mutants - walkthrough already available, so less urgent

Missing in Action

Plutos

Scrapyard Dog - DONE

Sentinel

Sirius

Super Skateboardin'

Tank Command

Water Ski - although, it would be tough since in level 2, the gators move. And I don't think anyone's ever seen level 3. :)

Xenophobe

Xevious - I believe already done-- I saw this at vgmaps.com, I believe.

Of these, I would put probably be most interested in doing Ikari Warriors next.

However, I do agree that a break would be good.

I actually just finished these Commando maps to get them off my schedule.

I have about 5 projects going at any time, and for the first time in awhile, I'm down to 4. :)

-John

Oh, here's a good question.

Now that all POW locations have been located-- has anyone verified if you get a special ending if you rescue all hostages?

I think that'd be worth knowing. I'm guessing no, but hey, maybe there is something.

-John

Give me a minute.

*update*

Nope. Got all with one game, and with the second left a single one captive. Both got the "Every duty" end.

Both games had all enemy commanders (the green guys) defeated however. I doubt these change the ending tho. :)

Edited by Mord