IGNORED

Weird Lynx Problem

GrizzLee

I've just aquired another used Lynx. It appears to be in good shape, but has the following problem:

When I run it off of the Atai Lynx power supply, I get a horizontal line across the upper 1/3 of the screen (it looks as if one row, maybe 2 rows of pixels are not being displayed). However, if I run the Lynx off batteries (including the Lynx battery pack) I don't see this phenomena. It plays just fine in either case.

I tried the power suuply on my other Lynxes and thay all work fine. I suspect that there is a problem with the Lynx screen that is intolerant to slight variances in supplied power, either in voltage or current.

Has ayone else seen this problem? Any solutions to fixing it?

I'd like to rescue this one from the scrap heap.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Lee

I haven't seen your exact problem but I have noticed that some lynxes (especially type I) do have issues w/ variances in voltage. I have a Lynx that will not power up if I use "decent brand" batteries in it (i.e. Duracell Ultra or Energizer E2s). It works great if I put some cheap ol' no name alkalines in it but will not work w/ the better batteries. Likewise it will work w/ the AC adaptor but only work sometimes w/ the car adaptor.

If yours works w/ the battery pack then I would assume it's either a slight wattage variance or a shielding problem. You may want to try another power unit from Radio Shack or something just as a test.