IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - 2600 Obsession

RSS Bot

It's not because I like my 2600 better than my Lynx, but I just went ahead and ordered 3 more games for my 2600. I had to choose between 3 2600 games and one Lynx game. But it's not as though I'll never get the Lynx game I wanted (I'll probably order it next month sometime.), it's just that I'm obsessive about things coming in the mail ASAP. If I'm expecting a package (which I almost always am nowadays), I'll check for the mail about every half hour starting at 1pm. I got a Lynx game in the mail (just for collecting purposes, "World Class Soccer", I'm not going to play it.), which now brings my total to 57. My wish is to get every non-Telegames and non-homebrew game released for the Lynx, and I'm probably not going to because of Lemmings. It's not that I don't like homebrew Lynx games, but the fact is they're so darned expensive! I am able to afford a $25 nice homebrew 2600 game once one comes out, but homebrew Lynx games cost an astounding $40 or more. I know they need to be that expensive, i'm just lamenting. If I could afford a homebrew Lynx game, the one I would get would be T-Tris. Also, I'm kind of leary about putting that kind of money in a MO and having it go through the postal system. I mean, what if it gets lost or something? Then I'd be down $40! In case you're wondering, the 3 2600 games I ordered are Lost Luggage, Off the Wall and Raft Rider. I played Off the Wall via emulator, and i certainly hope it's better with a joystick than the left and right buttons on a keyboard. Well, that's it for today.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5836