IGNORED

I hope one of you won this...

pinball22

I think you misread the auction.. I went back to look at it and after the description of the one supposedly not working it says "and one has a chicken a the top of the screen, running back and forth and dropping eggs, and that one seems to not be working." Not as you had mentioned : .. and one that seems to not be working". Sorry to rain on your score. :(

No, I read the auction many, MANY times before committing as heavily as I did, and I'm confident the score will be what I hoped - I haven't been wrong yet. From the unclear description, Eggomania works. Raft Rider works. Entombed works. Name this Game works. But yet something doesn't work, as per the description. I'm not believing there is another game in there (hoping, sure!) and I'm also not convinced that last line references any of the previously mentioned games. I'm not sure what you thought it meant, but it doesn't sound any different in your paraphrasing than it does in mine. In either case, it is what it is and we'll find out early next week.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but those us games protos are probably final releases. They do look legit as the labels on the end of the ones I purchased were all very similar. I purchased a lot of 6 of them about 4 years ago and they all turned out to be the final released versions. I suspect these will also be final versions. The Bermuda Triangle is a nice score though.

Did the US Games carts you pickup have their names when you boot the program? Or were they "blank" except for US Games like the auction mentions?

I think you misread the auction.. I went back to look at it and after the description of the one supposedly not working it says "and one has a chicken a the top of the screen, running back and forth and dropping eggs, and that one seems to not be working." Not as you had mentioned : .. and one that seems to not be working". Sorry to rain on your score. :(

No, I read the auction many, MANY times before committing as heavily as I did, and I'm confident the score will be what I hoped - I haven't been wrong yet. From the unclear description, Eggomania works. Raft Rider works. Entombed works. Name this Game works. But yet something doesn't work, as per the description. I'm not believing there is another game in there (hoping, sure!) and I'm also not convinced that last line references any of the previously mentioned games. I'm not sure what you thought it meant, but it doesn't sound any different in your paraphrasing than it does in mine. In either case, it is what it is and we'll find out early next week.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but those us games protos are probably final releases. They do look legit as the labels on the end of the ones I purchased were all very similar. I purchased a lot of 6 of them about 4 years ago and they all turned out to be the final released versions. I suspect these will also be final versions. The Bermuda Triangle is a nice score though.

Did the US Games carts you pickup have their names when you boot the program? Or were they "blank" except for US Games like the auction mentions?

English grammar.... it says that one and you said one that. Do you see what I am getting at, after he describes eggomania he says that one seems not to be working implying that it was just the first screen, my logic is that he did not use the paddle controllers to test it and therefore could not get anything to move hence he says that one seems not to be working. I do believe that you hit a good score and that the US Games are prototypes especially when the Data Age Bermuda Triangle is clearly a proto; it would make sense that whoever owed them had access to proto games to test. I have seen your scores before: A2 ;) Congrats on a great find. Keep us updated when they arrive. Have a good one! Cheers, FB

English grammar.... it says that one and you said one that. Do you see what I am getting at, after he describes eggomania he says that one seems not to be working implying that it was just the first screen, my logic is that he did not use the paddle controllers to test it and therefore could not get anything to move hence he says that one seems not to be working. I do believe that you hit a good score and that the US Games are prototypes especially when the Data Age Bermuda Triangle is clearly a proto; it would make sense that whoever owed them had access to proto games to test. I have seen your scores before: A2 ;) Congrats on a great find. Keep us updated when they arrive. Have a good one! Cheers, FB

I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing the diction difference between the two statements... juxtaposition of those two words were the key. It was Eggomania that wasn't working, and it was because he used the joystick as expected. Everything checks through and plays just fine.

I've thrown up a photo set of my meager proto collection and welcome any questions...

Did they all turn out to be finished versions?

From what I can tell, yes, they are all finished, although I never truly tested the depth of the Head On & Maze Craze protos. We'll find out once I get some dumping done. Too bad I gave my Pac Man lab loaner to my father as a gift and won't be able to have it dumped with the rest.

I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing the diction difference between the two statements... juxtaposition of those two words were the key. It was Eggomania that wasn't working, and it was because he used the joystick as expected. Everything checks through and plays just fine.

I've thrown up a photo set of my meager proto collection and welcome any questions...

Do not be disappointed; happens to all of us :) The English language can be such a bitch! Thanks for sharing the pictures; a nice haul. It will be interesting to see if they are the final versions. A unique piece of Atari history none the less. Enjoy your find. Cheers, FB