IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - One A.D.

RSS Bot

The year was 1995 A.D. (which seems kind of strange given the title of this entry.) I was in 6th grade, the last year where 6th grade meant being in elementary school (the next year, the school district moved 6th grade to middle, or jr. high, school.) My teacher was Mrs. Lennon. I think it was near the end of the school year because this project didn't make any real sense. She gave us a whole bunch of construction paper and put in this ambient CD and told us to make our "visual" of the music playing. The CD was called "One A.D." I kind of liked it. She told the class if they wanted to get the CD, they can go to a place called Rosebud & Fish. So I went to the small store on State Street (which is now closed) and got the CD. It just so happens to be one of the very first CDs I ever got for myself (the other one was a recording of a tropical forest.) Well, anyway, I got the CD and liked it. Fast-forward 14 years later, and I found the CD. I played the whole thing from beginning to end this morning (the reason I was up was because i had a migraine last night. my migraines are different. Instead of the forehead that hurts, it's my RIGHT EYE. Yes, it's as painful as it sounds. So i went to sleep and woke up a few hours later and it was gone.) while it was snowing outside. (Yes, it was snowing outside, which is very weird for late February. We got an inch of snow, but it has now melted.) and it still works perfectly despite the numerous scratches it collected over 14 years. Via googling, I found that the company that makes the CD has released three more such collections (the last one being in 2003). So now I need to find Two A.D., Three A.D. and Four A.D., the A.D. standing for Ambient Dub. Well, anyway, that's the story behind the CD that is currently playing in my computer.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5841