IGNORED

5200 system low volume?

jc78_2005

i have a couple of good working 5200 consoles.. one of them, has lower volume then the others. is their a pot on the board to adjust this? or something, or is it common with them to be different?

Oh, you mean AUDIO volume... that makes more sense. I mean, the Atari 5200 has way more volume than any other Atari console, and I thought that everyone knew that..... :D :D :D

I don't know - I've only ever had the one 5200, so I haven't noticed anything. I know the 2600 has a variable inductor you so you can change the audio tuning a bit - it's likely the 5200 has something similar. How much of a difference is there?

-Ian

i have a couple of good working 5200 consoles.. one of them, has lower volume then the others. is their a pot on the board to adjust this? or something, or is it common with them to be different?

Oh, you mean AUDIO volume... that makes more sense. I mean, the Atari 5200 has way more volume than any other Atari console, and I thought that everyone knew that..... :D :D :D

I don't know - I've only ever had the one 5200, so I haven't noticed anything. I know the 2600 has a variable inductor you so you can change the audio tuning a bit - it's likely the 5200 has something similar. How much of a difference is there?

-Ian

LOL yeah AUDIO volume. yeah it has plenty of volume other wise for sure! its a pretty desernable difference enough say that with one of them with the tv at a comfortable volume. leave the volume setting the same, hook up the other one, using the same power supply and switch, and its almost inaudible.

Maybe your not getting a good RF tv connection.

Other than that I don't know....I never heard of a 5200 with low volume.

yeah me either, ,im gonna have to take it apart and check the solder joints on the rf lead. anyone know if it could be the pokey chip perhaps? i have a few spare parts boards i dont know which chip is pokey but i could try a swap out and see what happens, sucks because it one of the early ones thats all shiny and has manufactured in the u.s.a on it. its my fav.