IGNORED

Please Loan Me Cash

Cap5750

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the auction ran for 10 days and no one bid on it. He would have been much better off starting the bidding at a dollar and setting his reserve to his BIN price of $4499.00. And of course, you're going to have a hard time getting people to bid that kind of cash on an auction without posting any pictures whatsoever. :roll:

..Al

The seller has added to item description:

I have gotten numerous requests for photos of the items. As I stated before, most of the items are boxed and ready to go. However, I did take some photos of the piles of boxes to give someone an idea of how much is there. If you would like to see these photos, please email me and request them. Also, forgot to mention there is also a TurboGrafx16 System Complete, it includes a dozen games, most of them are still in the box! Thank you!

I still don't think anyone's willing to fork over $4000 in cash as required especially if the winning bidder lives on the other side of USA. What would the bidder do? Stuff 40 $100 bills in an envelope and pray post office doesn't lose it? Drive up to his house? Send the money vias armored truck?

($4000 would be after 10% deposit, which can be paid by paypal or money order)

I still don't think anyone's willing to fork over $4000 in cash as required especially if the winning bidder lives on the other side of USA.  What would the bidder do?  Stuff 40 $100 bills in an envelope and pray post office doesn't lose it?  Drive up to his house?  Send the money vias armored truck?

I hope that when he says "CASH ONLY" that he would also accept a Cashier's Check. There is absolutely no way in hell I'd send that kind of cash through the mail, even if it was someone I knew and trusted implicitly. It's just too risky. If it disappears you're out $4,000 and there wouldn't be a thing you could do about it. At least with a Cashier's Check, it is only payable to the named recipient and if it's lost the check can be canceled. Plus there's a paper trail should the seller attempt fraud.

..Al

If I'm ever a seller moving something that big, or more importantly that expensive, I make damn sure of the following.

1. Everyone knows who I am. There are too many frauds, so I'd literally take a picture of me next to the stuff.

2. Have extensive photos. If you're going to get over $4000 for merchandise, the least you can do is spend an extra buck on 6 supersized photos with ebay features.

3. Have an extensive inventory. 200+ games for the 2600 with some rare and some boxed doesn't tell me jack. I want to know what those rare games are and what those boxed games are. Which would you rather have, a boxed Combat or a boxed Pigs in Space? Just for example that is. These people expect the buyers to shell out bucks for stuff you don't know what you are buying.

"Step right up. I have this awesome brand new car for sale. Yes, it's new, only 20 miles on it. But I'm not going to tell you who makes it, what color it is, if it's stick or automatic, a/c, power steering, brakes, windows, or anything else. I want you to fork over money to me not knowing what you are buying. My best customer will be the psychic."

Sorry couldn't resist.

Phil