IGNORED

Can someone explain this item description?

IHATETHEBEARS

I think it's the description for a newer version of Space Invaders, probably from some new console. I don't know which one though. He probably copied the description from Amazon. Yet another stupid ebay seller.

Well, it does say "for an Atari platform" though. I don't now anything about the Lynx or Jaguar. Could it be a Space Invaders remake for one of those?

Edited by Mirage1972

Description

If you're wondering how they updated a black-and-white arcade game from 1978 into a experience for the Atari platform, the answer is...the right way. With detailed graphics, awesome sound effects, and a wide variety of terrain, this isn't your father's SPACE INVADERS. Muster up your courage and try to get through multiple levels of intense gameplay, traveling through a gamut of worlds from Pluto to Saturn to Mars, and back to Earth. Each world has its own dynamic terrain and interactive background elements, and some of the hidden bonuses include additional worlds, additional levels, and a replica of the original SPACE INVADERS. Another notable update is the firepower. Remember the cannon-style pellet shots from the original? Your new arsenal includes infrared laser beams, flame-throwers, and neutron blasts, not to mention the bonus power-ups and special weapons that are particular to each world. If you're playing in Single-Player mode, there's an engaging storyline, while the two-player options include a Cooperative mode and a frenzied Head-To-Head game. With 18 species of aliens, 10 powerful bosses, and lots of hidden goodies, this is one sequel that's better than the original.

He probably copied the description from Amazon. Yet another stupid ebay seller.

It's not really the seller's fault. He didn't copy it from Amazon...it's a stock description supplied by eBay (although it is optional).

I'm not sure what version of SI that description belongs to, but my money is on the PlayStation version from 1999.

Oh, I didn't realize that ebay did that now. Well, when I list stuff on ebay (or used to), I would always take care to make sure the info was correct that I was putting in, if it's something I didn't know anything about. This is a huge reseller though, probably one of those we-list-it-for-you-on-commission places, so I can understand. I guess it's just in my nature to make sure listings are correct no matter what... other people aren't as careful, clearly.

And if it's from the PlayStation version, why would it say "for the Atari platform" (in the first sentence)?

Edited by Mirage1972