IGNORED

EBAY: this atari 2600 Karate game is very very suspiscous

Rev

Whilst a lot of us are in the know, this is precisely why I don't like them lifting random auction and sales pictures as well as pictures posted by collectors here (like some of mine). If I scan something for their database, that's one thing, mostly I don't mind. But when I see people questioning sales because of it, I have to step back and say "Is this the right thing to do?".

CanOWorms.jpg

Whilst a lot of us are in the know, this is precisely why I don't like them lifting random auction and sales pictures as well as pictures posted by collectors here (like some of mine). If I scan something for their database, that's one thing, mostly I don't mind. But when I see people questioning sales because of it, I have to step back and say "Is this the right thing to do?".

You can eat those you know...

AX

Yep, I took that picture from the auction.

Some pictures are extremely hard to find and I have missed quite a few of these while waiting too long.

Seems I was too eager to add it already.

I have removed it from our database for now to avoid any further confusion.

When the auction is over, I will put it online again.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yep, I took that picture from the auction.

Some pictures are extremely hard to find and I have missed quite a few of these while waiting too long.

Seems I was too eager to add it already.

I have removed it from our database for now to avoid any further confusion.

When the auction is over, I will put it online again.

8)

I can't respect the work you do ROM but I really think any pics you add should be added with full permission from the owners of said items for any of the pics you post to atarimania. It's just the right thing to do.

I can't respect the work you do ROM but I really think any pics you add should be added with full permission from the owners of said items for any of the pics you post to atarimania. It's just the right thing to do.

If it's just an auction pic, it has been posted publically and I don't see any reason why anyone couldn't use it for reference purposes. That said, I do think it would be a good idea to wait 30 days (at the least) after any auction ends to use the photo.

If it's just an auction pic, it has been posted publically and I don't see any reason why anyone couldn't use it for reference purposes. That said, I do think it would be a good idea to wait 30 days (at the least) after any auction ends to use the photo.

Ya what he said :grin: (I was more refering to people like Wiz posting pics from their collection and then having said pics show up on atarimania without concent and then said people not being so willing to show neat stuff cause they have worry of the pics of their stuff being used without permission.)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Comments noted.

Thanks!

8)

It is kind of lazy to snag someone elses photos, but I do not see what the big deal is. Gweedo is a great sellar and ships very fast. I have e-mailed back and forth with him several times and he is very reasonable. If anyone has a problem with him lifting your pics. just tell him.

It is kind of lazy to snag someone elses photos, but I do not see what the big deal is. Gweedo is a great sellar and ships very fast. I have e-mailed back and forth with him several times and he is very reasonable. If anyone has a problem with him lifting your pics. just tell him.

He didn't lift the pic, Rom Hunter did.

I think you got it backwards. Rom was the one that lifted the picture.

Gweedo is a great sellar and ships very fast.

Really? I guess he learned to start packing his stuff correctly and stop blaming his wife for the lousy packaging. I personally will never buy anything from that seller again.

YEAH. Really. More stuff for everyone else.

Edited by cougar302b

Really? I guess he learned to start packing his stuff correctly and stop blaming his wife for the lousy packaging. I personally will never buy anything from that seller again.

Hopefully that stuff is not all munged up and his pics have stopped being artfully posed to hide damage.

Hopefully that stuff is not all munged up and his pics have stopped being artfully posed to hide damage.

I am hopeful.

I almost bought from that guy a few times...now I'm glad I didn't. I'm guessing he's a fan of bubble envelopes?

I noticed in a few of his auctions, he describes damage to certain boxes ("a hole in the back")...yet he doesn't show pics of said damage. That alone made me avoid his auctions.

I almost bought from that guy a few times...now I'm glad I didn't. I'm guessing he's a fan of bubble envelopes?

I noticed in a few of his auctions, he describes damage to certain boxes ("a hole in the back")...yet he doesn't show pics of said damage. That alone made me avoid his auctions.

look at some of his ebay store prices on stuff.......talk about inflation

30 bucks for plaque attack!!!!!!!!...........i guess i am rich!!!!

plaque attack for 30 ...better hurry!!!

Edited by revolutionika