IGNORED

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Hits 2,000 Members Tonight

Parrothead

Just to excited, so hope it's cool to have a seperate thread for this. We hit my 1-year goal tonight of 2,000 members, actually we hit it a couple weeks early as our 1-year anniversary is March 24th, 2009. Thanks to all you AA'ers over the past year for registering and helping me turn the Chuckwagon into the premier auction site for video gaming.

Our second year should see continue growth and alot more buying and selling fun. I don't think there is any better place to be buying or selling games than on the Chuckwagon. Thanks again !

^--- PMs are your friend... :D

I think this might be useful for everyone who uses CTCW to know, so that's why I asked it publicly. :|

One way you can contact a member is by clicking into their Chuckwagon homepage. The standard link for a user is this:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/socalmike/

Simply take out socalmike and add the username of the person you would like to contact. There will be a button to send them an email within their homepage.

Edited by Parrothead

I dont want to start a controversy, I think that CtCW is a wonderful initiative

but I must say I gave up looking at auctions on a regular basis

you always see the same ones listed, and relisted and relisted AGAIN

and you have to go through pages and pages of common games before ...maybe...finding something interesting.....

Edited by lucifershalo

I dont want to start a controversy, I think that CtCW is a wonderful initiative

but I must say I gave up looking at auctions on a regular basis

and you have to go through pages and pages of common games before ...maybe...finding something interesting.....

You may be giving up to easy. Our stock gets pretty heavily rotated in relation to the # of listings we get. Keep in mind it's not as big as Ebay so you will notice relistings when they occur.

And I find it much easier to find rare, more desireable items here than on Ebay that has thousands of common items or items listed rediculously :)

Anyone else want to chime in on this one that has been actively buying and selling on the site.

Edited by Parrothead

that's because CTCW is getting more and more and MORE new members every day, just because it don't sell this week, don't mean it won't sell in the future!! just waiting for the right person to come along that needs that item.

anyway, all you're doing is taking away one more tool that you can use to find games you need. so you are only hurting yourself! IMO

Rick

Definitely keep checking, because things are showing up here and there. It isn't like eBay in a lot of ways-- like I know there might be one there, but I don't know of any dropship sellers that have hundreds of identical items. It is for gaming, and that stuff you can get in a hundred different places.

Example: You can't get an Atari CX-40 joystick tester made into an Altoids tin anywhere but on the Chuckwagon :)

I do find it redundant to look through 100 commons, before I find a rare one. HHW

why don't you just buy all the commons ones then it would be easy to find the rare ones. :P (note to myself to list 200 more 2600 commons) :D

look at it this, way all those commons are hiding that 1 rare cart so you can get it cheaper. :ponder:

Rick

I am not attacking anybody

and certainly not CtCW

just pointing something a bit annoying

and clearly I am not the only one

maybe installing a search engine with the option of taking out the relisted items, if possible, could be good

just suggesting.....

and yes CtCW is a wonderful website

and certainly not CtCW

maybe installing a search engine with the option of taking out the relisted items, if possible, could be good

just suggesting.....

I know you aren't attacking the site so no worries there. You have a valid point. But as you know we are in this awkward growth stage and it is what it is.

We do have an advanced search located off the homepage search button where you can search by highest priced among other ways to narrow down a search. Have you guys played with that?

and certainly not CtCW

just suggesting.....

I know you aren't attacking the site so no worries there. You have a valid point. But as you know we are in this awkward growth stage and it is what it is.

We do have an advanced search located off the homepage search button where you can search by highest priced among other ways to narrow down a search. Have you guys played with that?

This is what I was asking about. Please post a link, for the Lazy. :D HHW

and certainly not CtCW

just suggesting.....

I agree with this... the relists are bogging it down IMO... but the hunt makes it fun and I have bought several off ctcw... and sold a few too...

however, new users won't care, so who knows

The trend I hate (and this goes for ebay too) is the listing a single pic of 20 games, but selling one game and having 20 listings all with the same pic... I hate that! hate hate hate!

later

-JJ

Edited by JustJeff2

and certainly not CtCW

just suggesting.....

I agree with this... the relists are bogging it down IMO... but the hunt makes it fun and I have bought several off ctcw... and sold a few too...

however, new users won't care, so who knows

The trend I hate (and this goes for ebay too) is the listing a single pic of 20 games, but selling one game and having 20 listings all with the same pic... I hate that! hate hate hate!

later

-JJ

Hey guys,

you've brought up a good point. I have mentioned this to my developer and I hope to have a place in the listing area to designate it as a "First Time" Listed - not a relist. I will have to charge a bit for this $.25 option so eveyone doesn't continue to click on this check box. But it should be a good feature if people use it correctly.

Then in the advanced search area I will ad a search for First Time Listed. How does that sound?

you've brought up a good point. I have mentioned this to my developer and I hope to have a place in the listing area to designate it as a "First Time" Listed - not a relist. I will have to charge a bit for this $.25 option so eveyone doesn't continue to click on this check box. But it should be a good feature if people use it correctly.

Then in the advanced search area I will ad a search for First Time Listed. How does that sound?

Even better would be to have it cost 25 cents to relist an item. That would be alot better (and make alot more sense) than having it cost 25 cents to show you have a fresh listing.

Even better would be to have it cost 25 cents to relist an item. That would be alot better (and make alot more sense) than having it cost 25 cents to show you have a fresh listing.

It doesn't look like either of these options are going to happen for a while. My dev says adding new options like these are time consuming. My thoughts on the First Time listed is that people would abuse it since they know there is going to be searched heavily and then defeat the purpose.

I will keep this one on the back burner :) Look at it this way, still thousands and thousands less than all the crap you have to sift through on Ebay.

Edited by Parrothead

It doesn't look like either of these options are going to happen for a while. My dev says adding new options like these are time consuming. My thoughts on the First Time listed is that people would abuse it since they know there is going to be searched heavily and then defeat the purpose.

I will keep this one on the back burner :) Look at it this way, still thousands and thousands less than all the crap you have to sift through on Ebay.

thanks for trying, anyway ;)

thanks for trying, anyway ;)

Well, maybe spoke to soon. It appears like it may be doable as relisitngs are now put in a seperate database and tagged as such. So that means all first time listings are not in that database. So I have asked if we can simply add a First Time Listed in the advanced search page drop down menu which would pull from the first time listed part of the db. So I may be able to get it in there. Cross fingers.

Edited by Parrothead