IGNORED

Stupid, stupid cartridge labels...

Ian Primus

This is funny. I was at a video game store yesterday, one that has pretty much every system, and I was looking at their 5200 games on the shelf. It took so long since I literally had to pull out every cart one by one so I could see what game it was. Normally when I go look for 2600 games I just quickly glance since they all have end labels. Luckily I only have 6 5200 games at home but already I have to pull all of them out and lay them out just to see what's what. Too bad Atari would repeat the same mistake with the Jaguar.

The 5200 has some cool games but it's definitely not the most convenient system in the world, especially for a quick gameplay session.

a little rule of thumb with the parker brothers games the ones with the endlable title upside down are the fun ones to play

mr.do/montezuma's revenge

Nice rule. What about Frogger II? I won't touch Frogger or Q-Bert since the control scheme is screwed up.

But I ended up getting an Atari title - Moon Patrol which is pretty sweet. :cool:

frogger 2 is upside down as well once again proving my theory

i love frogger 2 bouncing up and down on the cloud level is so fun

Edited by bohoki

I remedied this a while ago:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1645072

Copied the 'Red Label' layout for the 5200, but changed the background to blue (the 5200 color).

They are printed on label paper (where the whole sheet was a label) and just cut them out.

:)

i love them but they are too "uniform" if would be neat to mix it up and have a couple with green backgrounds (maybe the sports kike baseball football soccer tennis)a couple with red backgrounds (like vanguard,space invaders,galaxian)

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Simple, fast, neat. And they fit on the end of the cart. Also, since they're pretty sturdy plastic, you don't have to worry about them getting all wrinkled from the seam in the cartridge housing.

-Ian

super oldskool and still up to date! a wonderfull machine that also use regularly :)