IGNORED

PCB s for 8-bit ATARI

lotharek

all prices that follow are in sequence : plain pcb/kit/populated (in Euro)

Stereo-- 7/10/12 + POKEY 8

covox - 8/ 13/20

sdx - 8/ 20/25

1mb - 7/10/13

all atartians wish to have 1 mb inside must not forget about having a 1mb 30 pin simm (tested simms with atari also available for 2 Euro)

EXAMPLE : If You are interested in populated 1 MB and sdx plain pcb send me with paypal 12 euro + 8 euro + shipping cost (my paypal address is lotharek@poczta.onet.pl) or make a bid on EBAY.

Shipping costs are the same for whole world : 5 euro for first item and 1 euro for every next pcb.

PROMOTION : when You order over 50 euro - I pay shipping costs ;-)

ps. manuals come with all pcb

-SNIP-

Hi,

I didn't get the manuals with shippment.

Lotharek,

I received the SIO2SD and the 1mb XE simm PCB upgrade yesterday and am very impressed and happy with your work! I will be waiting for your English translation of the mem upgrade docs before attempting that upgrade but the SIO2SD is very intuitive and FUN to use. ...and your enclosure for the SIO2SD is very well-built.

Thanks for your fine work. I can personally vouch for your craftmanship and I hope you sell many more units.

.. Steve

Hey Steve

Mine's going in an 800XL. From what I've read the 130XE should be easier since the 800XL needs a refresh timing mod to deal with the SIMM. I'm at the point where the board is pretty much in and I need to hook up the SIMM but some commitments over Easter held me up. Hopefully I'll get back to it in the next week or so.

I've spent loads of time translating Polish docs and working out the connection points from the circuit diagrams but it's actually straight forward (I think) now that I've worked it out.

I was planning on writing up what I did to share with others and I did start throwing some stuff on a blog but as is usual with my attempts at blogging I never find the time to post! I'll happily keep you up to date here though.

BTW - I'm shooting at the 800XL as a) it was dead when I bought it and I'd already swapped the RAM to bring it back and b) I'd really like to get one into my 1200XL but I really didn't want to "test it out" on my one and only 1200. From the schematics I've seen the memory circuit (including the refresh) is pretty much the same between the 1200XL and the 800XL so I'm hoping it will carry across OK.

Edited by spookt

Hey Steve

Mine's going in an 800XL. From what I've read the 130XE should be easier since the 800XL needs a refresh timing mod to deal with the SIMM. I'm at the point where the board is pretty much in and I need to hook up the SIMM but some commitments over Easter held me up. Hopefully I'll get back to it in the next week or so.

I've spent loads of time translating Polish docs and working out the connection points from the circuit diagrams but it's actually straight forward (I think) now that I've worked it out.

I was planning on writing up what I did to share with others and I did start throwing some stuff on a blog but as is usual with my attempts at blogging I never find the time to post! I'll happily keep you up to date here though.

BTW - I'm shooting at the 800XL as a) it was dead when I bought it and I'd already swapped the RAM to bring it back and b) I'd really like to get one into my 1200XL but I really didn't want to "test it out" on my one and only 1200. From the schematics I've seen the memory circuit (including the refresh) is pretty much the same between the 1200XL and the 800XL so I'm hoping it will carry across OK.

Would you please let me know when your write-up is done? I am planning an putting one in a 600XL and it's about the same as the 800XL.

One thing I can say is using Polish to English translation tools has resulted in some very strange sentences. Also, I'm surprised by the number of words the translator doesn't know. Is there a lot of slang or alternate spelling in Polish?

Slang in Polish ? I think there are many slang words in my language..as more as in others.

Anyway, WWW translators don`t recognize ( very often) our national diacric letters - we have 6 letters more in our alphabet in comparizon to latin standart.

Don`t worry - 1MB simm manual is coming. SDX already published.

Edited by lotharek

Slang in Polish ? I think there are many slang words in my language..as more as in others.

Anyway, WWW translators don`t recognize ( very often) our national diacric letters - we have 6 letters more in our alphabet in comparizon to latin standart.

Don`t worry - 1MB simm manual is coming. SDX already published.

Cool... As soon as you have english instructions for the 1MB simm upgrade I'll be buying one :)

lotharek,

What are those speakers in the background of your website pic?

-Bry

oooo..these speakers.. honestly I dont know

I was invited to amiga party to show my little one !

They said they were impressed ! especially by 8bit atari playing lotus 2 module on covox ;-)

http://azzorek.fotosik.pl/albumy/599480.html

Edited by lotharek

Received my SDX board today. :) It may be some time before I work up the guts to fit it... Many thanks, though! How do we go about flashing the latest SDX version? Does it work like flashing an AtariMax cart?

all informations in manual on my www.

anyway, there are two pins descibed FLASH on SDX board.

boot atari from floppy/siopc/ etc with : http://sdx.atari8.info/sdx_files/4.42/sdx442_sdx128flash.zip

then connect jumpers - software will recognize flash chip and...follow instructions ;-) nice and easy :-)

ps. of course You must have fitted sdx board previously..

Edited by lotharek

Just fitted internal SDX and it works perfectly! :)

This was my first upgrade involving a lot of desoldering but it went really well; no broken traces, and everything looks pretty neat. I've slightly reposistioned the wires on the SDX board's headers since the photos were taken because they were obstructing the keyboard. As it stands, I still can't get the shielding back on.

post-21964-1242570264_thumb.jpg

post-21964-1242570273_thumb.jpg

This 65XE has had several upgrades. In the early nineties it was upgraded to 128K, which usefully left a socketed second bank; this made the 320K mod I did last week much easier. It's also had the Supervideo mod, and now internal SDX. I have SIO2SD, but the internal SIO2IDE will be the finishing touch... once I get it working. The Atari's also had a new keyboard and looks more or less factory new. When SIO2IDE is up and running, I might bring out an HDD activity LED somewhere on top of the case.

Anyway, thanks for a great add on which works superbly! :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

The OS jumpers, from my understanding of the docs, should be toggled to ground to select one of four OSes:

Both high = OS #0;

One high = OS #1;

The other high = OS #3; and

Both grounded = OS #4.

A pair of small switches should do the trick - but I'd recommend against changing settings with power on...