IGNORED

5200 PADDLE INTEREST

jc78_2005

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a prototpe 5200 controller that is a paddle instead of a joystick. Works nice, but the trackbl works better on games like kaboom and super breakout. I think about 12 were ever made.

Do you have one of the actual protos or one of the many repros that have been made?

Mitch

I used to make them out of original CX52's with centers from S.arcade 2 controllers. Looked good when finished.

I still make them out of Atari 2600 paddles. I just hook them up to a DB9 to DB15 adapter. You just have to rewire one pin within the paddle (there's three terminals within the paddle so you just have to move one wire from one terminal to the other and leave the center one as is).

I have a prototpe 5200 controller that is a paddle instead of a joystick. Works nice, but the trackbl works better on games like kaboom and super breakout. I think about 12 were ever made.

Do you have one of the actual protos or one of the many repros that have been made?

Mitch

For real, there was a thread around here somewhere with step-by-step instructions that I used to make my own 5200 paddle controller using parts from the 2600 paddle. The finished product looks professional and the conversion is just too easy.