IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Menu File For New Rom Set?

Tempest

Now that the 'complete' Atari 2600 rom set has been released, has anyone made a CC2 menu file for it? Going though and making a list for all those roms is going to be a huge undertaking, but someone must have done it by now. I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to.

Tempest

Are you talking about ROM's list? I personally haven't been keeping up on all the recent 2600 stuff (too many hack and stuff) though I do try to add the protos.

Mitch

Yeah the menu file where you add all the games and the configuration info.

Tempest

Are you talking about ROM's list? I personally haven't been keeping up on all the recent 2600 stuff (too many hack and stuff) though I do try to add the protos.

Mitch

Yeah the menu file where you add all the games and the configuration info.

Tempest

I need to update mine with the latest too.

By the way, most of the Cuttle Cart 2 stuff is in the 7800 forum, since, um, it's a 7800 cartridge ;)

Mot posted one in 2007 here

Main CC2 thread

My CC2 is my single most favorite Atari purchase -- it lets me keep all my 2600 cartridges in the basement (except for Pitfall II), and also lets me play the awesome 2600 and 7800 homebrews.

• 1 month later...

Bah... when I get the time-(maybe before the baby is born, no promises) I'll go about it, but ya'll won't like my menu system...

Protos separate

Hacks separate

Homebrews separate

Testing Hacks/Homebrews

2 buttons separate

other controller separate

7800 seperate

2600 seperate

doubles separate (same game different name)

long list all ABC

long list 2600

long list 7800

Favorites 7800 and 2600

Kid Friendly games (ages 5-8)

Youth Friendly games (8-not adult)

Adult games (XXX)

The pain is making sure I don't break the game flag when going all of that.

Of course this makes lot of repeat games in the list.... and a lot of extra work.

Edited by FireTiger

Bah... when I get the time-(maybe before the baby is born, no promises) I'll go about it, but ya'll won't like my menu system...

Protos separate

Hacks separate

Homebrews separate

Testing Hacks/Homebrews

2 buttons separate

other controller separate

7800 seperate

2600 seperate

doubles separate (same game different name)

long list all ABC

long list 2600

long list 7800

Favorites 7800 and 2600

Kid Friendly games (ages 5-8)

Youth Friendly games (8-not adult)

Adult games (XXX)

The pain is making sure I don't break the game flag when going all of that.

Of course this makes lot of repeat games in the list.... and a lot of extra work.

Wow that seems complicated. When I made my last one (about 3 years ago) it looked like this:

7800 games in alphabetical order (including prototypes)

2600 games in alphabetical order (including prototypes)

Homebrews (both 2600 and 7800)

Demos/Hacks (2600 and 7800)

In my 2600 list I had all the unique NTSC games I could find and removed all the ones that were just simple graphics hacks or renames (do we seriously need Blackjack by both Sears and Atari?).

Tempest

My menus go something like that (i.e. alpha, homebrew, tech demos, hacks, etc.). My "all games" also has a "sorted by company" version since that is how my games are sorted on the shelf (since it looks nicer that way :)). Putting underscores to either side of the company name and max-ing out to 40 characters helps delineate them.

Anyway, I noticed that a lot of the lists posted have homebrews mixed in with older releases. I suggest starting separate threads for the different categories of games:

- Original releases

- Prototypes

- In development

- Hacks

- Homebrews

Each thread can list the CC2 menu settings for the category of game and subsequent posts would add corrections, additions, etc.

Why do all of this? Well, for starters it would make it a lot easier to find a new bankswitch setting for a game. I don't know how long I spent trying to find the settings for PacManPlus' Jr. Pac-Man game but all I know is it could have been a lot easier if there was a dedicated thread for "CC2 Settings - 7800: In Development". Also, my mind would be at ease if I didn't have to filter through a list of "Pitfall With Biceps" hacks to get to a homebrew. :P

I think it's safe to say that the settings for the original 2600 and 7800 releases have pretty much been ironed out. Not having to filter through those lists to find the settings for a recent homebrew, for example, would be most welcome. I would be happy to start such threads if they could be made sticky for easy reference in the future.

Anyway, just a few thoughts about that.

• 1 month later...
Any updates? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Tempest

I started updating it for Chad several years ago but never finished. It's still missing quite a few 2600 releases. Updating it and making sure you don't make any mistakes is a Lot of Work!

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Tempest

I started updating it for Chad several years ago but never finished. It's still missing quite a few 2600 releases. Updating it and making sure you don't make any mistakes is a Lot of Work!

Mitch

Any chance you can release what you have so far? My stuff is several years old now.

Tempest

Tempest

Mitch

Any chance you can release what you have so far? My stuff is several years old now.

Tempest

Here's my latest, but there's still a lot of stuff missing.

Mitch

CC2ROMDB.zip

Point me to the .zip of the "correct" rom set and I'll do it.

I need to for my CC2 anyway.

I'm just using Roms v5 set that's on Atarimania. I've got my own rom set that I made by removing PAL games, clones, and some of the alternates (I don't need Superman or Demon Attack with and without the bug for instance), but I left some of the others in until I figure out what's exactly different. Then I moved the hacks to a different folder and added my own personal prototype stash to the mix... :)

Now I need to make the menu file.

Tempest

Cool, Thanks.

I could use an update too and I have 2 RSMMC cards now so I think I will just try this set out and see any differences instead of deleting my old set.

If anyone comes up with a complete set, that would be awesome but it is a lot of work and I am all thumbs with these things and forget about bankswitching and stuff.

My Krok cart drives me nuts with bankswitching stuff which is why I love my CC2 even more. :)

Edited by Phantom

I never did get the card reader that goes with the CC2 memory card. Reports were that Radio Shack still had some left at the time but I never found one. Someone graciously made me a card and sent it but it's got to be even more horribly out of date than the one Tempest has. Can anybody point me towards one that would be USB and MacBook compatible? Then I can get the latest ROM set and menu file and update mine too.

I never did get the card reader that goes with the CC2 memory card. Reports were that Radio Shack still had some left at the time but I never found one. Someone graciously made me a card and sent it but it's got to be even more horribly out of date than the one Tempest has. Can anybody point me towards one that would be USB and MacBook compatible? Then I can get the latest ROM set and menu file and update mine too.

Pretty much any standard SD card reader should be able to handle MMC cards. I have several of them and they all work fine.

Mitch

You just need one of these

You just need one of these

The Transcend TS-RDP6K USB 2.0 Card Reader, yes? That page brought up 4-5 entries so I want to be sure but that looks like it'd do the trick provided it's Mac compatible. The idea of being able to update my Cuttle Cart with a reader I can just jam in the USB slot is making me happy all over. :D

Just ran across this in the menu file:

Cosmic Ark (Proto)

There's a proto of Cosmic Ark out there? Where can I get it?

Also, where did you find Brick Kick in NTSC format?

Oh and are all the Froggo games exactly the same as their Panda/Sancho counterparts or is there a reason to keep both around?

Tempest

Just ran across this in the menu file:

Cosmic Ark (Proto)

There's a proto of Cosmic Ark out there? Where can I get it?

Also, where did you find Brick Kick in NTSC format?

Oh and are all the Froggo games exactly the same as their Panda/Sancho counterparts or is there a reason to keep both around?

Tempest

Here's Cosmic Ark and Brick Kick, I have no idea where I got them.

Not sure about the Froggo games. If there are two different entries then their ROM checksums are different anyway.

Mitch

games.zip