IGNORED

Atari Party: Davis, CA

Zach

Just found out about it today. I'm not involved in organizing it, but I'll bring Four-Play and KO-Cruiser!

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/

Ahhh.... Davis, Ca. The place where I got both of my undergrad degrees in Engineering. I played very little Atari in my college days. Legend of Zelda and Contra where the "in-games" we played in our dorm.

Wish I was close enough to attend. Davis was (still is?) a nice town. Haven't been back there for 20 years now.

-Lee

Looks really cool! I love how some of the kids just appear mesmerized.

I have almost all of that hardware in my game room! The only thing I saw that I am missing is a real Atari monitor and the 800 (I sold mine in favor of the XL). I really need to quit buying stuff and work on displaying it better.

It was a good turn-out for the scale of the event. There were lots of systems to play and lots of people to play them. One of the highlights was a talk by Paul Cubbage from the Atari Program Exchange. I found out that the programmer of Caverns of Mars was only 17 or 18.

I brought a sample of my homebrew collection (plus Pitfall 2) for people to try out. Unfortunately I didn't get my Krokodile Cart set up, so I didn't get a chance to show K.O. Cruiser.

post-2163-1238516546_thumb.jpg

post-2163-1238516575_thumb.jpg

Several people played homebrews, perhaps for the first time. Next time, I'm bringing more multi-player games.

post-2163-1238516605_thumb.jpg

post-2163-1238516593_thumb.jpg

post-2163-1238517047_thumb.jpg

Other games that people enjoyed included Tempest for the Jaguar, and Joust for the 8-bit, projected onto a screen.

post-2163-1238516640_thumb.jpg

post-2163-1238516626_thumb.jpg

BTW, for you Linux users out there, the organizer of the event was Bill Kendrick, who is the author of TuxPaint.

Edited by Zach