IGNORED

Portland Retro Gaming Expo 9/20/09

y-bot

I am considering attending this show and maybe even having a table or two. And may even have some new games for sale. ;) Just curious how many AtariAge members are going to be in attendance? It's been a long time since I've been to Portland and I've never been an event sponsored by NWCGE.

..Al

I am considering attending this show and maybe even having a table or two. And may even have some new games for sale. ;) Just curious how many AtariAge members are going to be in attendance? It's been a long time since I've been to Portland and I've never been an event sponsored by NWCGE.

..Al

Hope you can make it Al! would love to have you here. of course I'll be going. :P

Rick

..Al

You should DEFINITELY come, Al!

I look forward to meeting you.

Chuck

OK, so I have booked plane tickets from Oakland and was going to stay with friends, but now they are not sure if they can host me. Anyone interested in splitting a room or have other ideas for cheap lodging? (More money to spend on games!)

I have a place to stay on Friday night when I get in but looks like I will be wandering the streets on Sat and Sun! Maybe Ground Kontrol will let me crash amongst the machines? :)

OK, so I have booked plane tickets from Oakland and was going to stay with friends, but now they are not sure if they can host me. Anyone interested in splitting a room or have other ideas for cheap lodging? (More money to spend on games!)

I have a place to stay on Friday night when I get in but looks like I will be wandering the streets on Sat and Sun! Maybe Ground Kontrol will let me crash amongst the machines? :)

Yes, I'd like to get a room at the hotel, unless someone wants to host me in the area (which I certainly wouldn't object to). Been so busy the past week that I have completely spaced on this. I would need a room Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

..Al

You want a hint? I will give you one game that will be in the tourney. Warlords for the 2600. Practice up, it is going to be awsome!

Argh!! The multi-player or head-to-head games are a killer! :P

This is why we need netplay in Stella. I usually have no way of practicing these types of games. Always a blast though and looking forward to it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great show Rick. Unfortunately I did not meet you. I met your wife, Albert? I think, Sammy, and John. Bought a few loose carts (2600) and a t-shirt of course. I was hoping for a big score, but everyone there was extremely educated and most everything was right around market value. I did get the high score on Asteroids 99,940 (or their about) and the high score on Tron before it stopped working. I played the little multi-cade machine and finished the complete first level of Scramble. I forgot how much I enjoyed that game. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for a great time and hope the show will be here again soon.

I met your wife, Albert?

Uhrr? I don't have a wife, that I know of! :D

..Al

I met Ricks wife, she was the lady checking names for bracelets. I think I met you at the Atari Age booth, but you were extremely busy and it was tough to get a conversation going. I was the guy with the black Atari shirt on and the high and tight haircut (old habits die hard). I am not even sure it was you though. There were two people there and I talked to the shorter of the two thinking it was you.

I met Ricks wife, she was the lady checking names for bracelets. I think I met you at the Atari Age booth, but you were extremely busy and it was tough to get a conversation going. I was the guy with the black Atari shirt on and the high and tight haircut (old habits die hard). I am not even sure it was you though. There were two people there and I talked to the shorter of the two thinking it was you.

Yeah, it was pretty damn busy at 9am when the show opened, and it remained so for at least an hour. :D There were only two of us in the booth, myself and Joe Grand. I would have been the shorter of the two, so you most likely spoke with me. :)

..Al