IGNORED

Unreleased Catalog - new 5200 Tempest art

Curt Vendel

Hi,

I needed to take a bit of a break today from things, so I decided to look through some archive folders that I haven't yet had a change to review and I found what appears to be an unreleased 5200 product catalog, interestingly enough, have a look at these photo's, it has what appears to be a never before seen Tempest artwork.

I will try to post the full photos of all of the catalog when I'm feeling more up for it.

post-23-1238004400_thumb.jpg

post-23-1238004430_thumb.jpg

Curt

Double WOW! That's fantastic. Yea, when your feeling better I'd love to get a flat-high-res scan of those. They will look great in a nice frame. Hopefully some day you can find the time to look through more of the stuff you have. Who knows what is in the Vendel Vaults.

Allan

Can anyone ID all the languages? I spy English.

French,German, Spanish, and Italian.

Allan

Is there a problem with making the artwork available to other members rather than all this hush hush pally pally email the scan to one person only attitude depite a few request on page 1?

Anyway nice to see Curt is well :)

Curt was so kind to send me a highres scan of the artwork and here is the box:)

post-36-1238108247_thumb.jpg

post-36-1238108277_thumb.jpg

post-36-1238108294_thumb.jpg

Nice! But you forgot the Trak-Ball support. Nice to see but this will not be the artwork we use for the Tempest box and label once the game is finished.....

Nice! But you forgot the Trak-Ball support. Nice to see but this will not be the artwork we use for the Tempest box and label once the game is finished.....

Why not? It's the 'official' artwork after all. Personally I like to keep things as authentic as possible.

Tempest

I don't have a problem with the scan of the hi-res image being shared, its a very large file so I'll let it to Tempest/Marc to find a place to post it up, if you use it, just be courteous and include credit to atarimuseum.com as the source of the image, thank you.

Curt

Can anyone ID all the languages? I spy English.

French,German, Spanish, and Italian.

Allan

Is there a problem with making the artwork available to other members rather than all this hush hush pally pally email the scan to one person only attitude depite a few request on page 1?

Anyway nice to see Curt is well :)

I don't have a problem with the scan of the hi-res image being shared, its a very large file so I'll let it to Tempest/Marc to find a place to post it up, if you use it, just be courteous and include credit to atarimuseum.com as the source of the image, thank you.

Curt

If I were in your “museum” I think I’d be like a kitten with a ball of twine. Lo-res is fine for those of us that just want to see cool :cool: stuff nobody ever knew existed.

Why not? It's the 'official' artwork after all. Personally I like to keep things as authentic as possible.

Tempest

Nope, it's not official. We already got artwork from Curt that's going to be on the box, label and manual.

Just because it's in an unreleased catalog doesn't mean that is the art that was going to be used. This artwork in the catalog might just be a placeholder.

Even the demo boxes for the 2600 version don't have this artwork on them. Trust me the boxes we make will look great.