IGNORED

Good Deal on a 5200?

Atari Scorpio

I'd say depending on the games, but either way, it's an "okay" deal. For the 5200, the controllers being NIB doesn't really make any difference. They're not any more or less likely to work. Almost positively, they'll still need to be rebuilt because it's the air and time that gets to them. But, you may get lucky and they may work, who knows (if they do, go buy a lottery ticket, pronto). Basically, if it comes with any rare games, it could be a really good/great deal, otherwise, I'd say it's a average/good deal. If you don't get it, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, as you should be able to get similar for a similar price down the road.

There is a 2 port 5200 available locally. It works and comes with 10 games with all their boxes, and 4 controllers. 2 of the controllers are NIB and never been used. All this for $75. Is this a good deal, a great deal, or a bad one?

I say it's worth it!!! :ponder: :D :P I bought my Atari 5200 2port for 60 dollars on Ebay that came with only 2 games(no boxes), 2 controllers( 1 works but the other is broken)...... I still don't regret buying that at that price even tho I knew I could have gotten a better deal. 5200 rocks,so glad I got it and by now I've got a bunch of games... and if you find one that works why not??and 10 games with the boxes?! :-o I say go for it....

Assuming everything but the controllers works, it sounds like a decent deal to me. I paid $50 for a boxed 2-port console with five boxed games and two controllers (both in need of refurbishing). $25 for five more boxed games sounds decent to me.

What are the games?

If they are all commons, the boxes bump them up a little, but not much, especially if they are not in great condition.

Like Mirage said, it's an okay deal depending on the games. I think I got my 4 port unit with about 8 games, two controllers (one worked) for around $25-$30.

Now if that unit comes with Bounty Bob Strikes back or something, get it NOW!

Well, then it's not a bad deal at all... just not a spectacular one, but that doesn't mean to necessarily pass it by. Snap it up if you want it now, and if you like boxes, then you'll have a start to a boxed collection. But if you miss it, or decide not to go for it now, it's nothing to cry over not getting.

Edited by Mirage1972