IGNORED

Best Non-released 5200 games (playability)

RangerG

I finally got the Atarimax multicart - it is so easy to use and the 5200 has some great games outside of the released library. What are your favorites in term of 100% playability? Exclude games where there are no downloadable roms (i.e. some of Classics' conversions) and homebrews without released roms (i.e Adventure 2). Please include hacks (Gorf is great).

My top 10 so far (alphabetical order):

Blaster

Buried Bucks

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Gorf (hack)

Millipede

Pacman Jr

Satan's Hollow

Super Pacman

Xevious

Yes, Blaster was a surprise. I have always known that DK, DK Jr, Millipede, both Pacs, Satan's Hollow and Xevious are good (I read Tempest's website :-). He likes Blaster and it is an unknown hit. I have a 5200 paddle and Gorf is great. I'm more into the arcade, quick games, so games like MULE or Last Starfigher look good, but they take so much time to learn how to play. I don't know why I like Buried Bucks, but it's fun.

Xari Arena easily! Highly original and addictive gameplay! After reading Tempest's review of it on his site (atariprotos.com) and playing it myself, I wish they would have released this gem!!!

how about spy hunter or is it somehow not within the specifications of the origional poster

I really enjoy Satan's Hollow with the original stock controllers (adventure II & SH are the only 5200 games i use the cx-52s on). While the graphics (especially the unintimidating little satan) aren't the best, I feel it really captures the feel of the original arcade well.

Peace

satans hollow is good very represenative i wish the shield was button 2 instead of down though