IGNORED

New way to start a game...

Chris-in-NJ

I've had a Redemption adapter for nearly five years now and used to use the start button on my original Trak-ball to start a game. The button fell in about a year ago and I haven't tried to use it since, until today with my nephew visiting. He suggested I try the start buttons on my five non-working 5200 joysticks and see if I could get one of them to work.

I had disassembled one of them around the time I got the Redemption, and taking this apart, he suggested I touch the start button with something metal. I used one of the screws from the joystick, and voila. I can play again!

How much I'd missed Jr. Pac-Man... The new 7800 version's gonna have to be quite a bit better than this one if I'm to spend my cash on one... ;)

Edited by Chris-in-NJ

I've had a Redemption adapter for nearly five years now and used to use the start button on my original Trak-ball to start a game. The button fell in about a year ago and I haven't tried to use it since, until today with my nephew visiting. He suggested I try the start buttons on my five non-working 5200 joysticks and see if I could get one of them to work.

I had disassembled one of them around the time I got the Redemption, and taking this apart, he suggested I touch the start button with something metal. I used one of the screws from the joystick, and voila. I can play again!

How much I'd missed Jr. Pac-Man... The new 7800 version's gonna have to be quite a bit better than this one if I'm to spend my cash on one... ;)

yea for years i had the top row torn off and made contact with a paperclip

It is! And once PMP has the intermissions done, it will be perfection. :cool: