IGNORED

Another Jr. Pac-Man bug

Chris-in-NJ

Discovered during my last game. Somehow I managed to successfully eat an energizer at the same time that the tricycle was destroying it, and the ghosts indeed turned blue. The destruction noise continued for a few moments after the ghosts changed. Near the end of the board, I still had one dot left when the level ended and the second maze began as normal. (I managed to complete the board without losing a life, something I haven't been able to do in a long, long time.)

Anyone else have this happen before?

Pac-Man Jr manual:

"Watch for a toy-shaped candy that tromps across the playground. It turns every dot it touches into a bigger dot worth more points. But have Junior eat it before it goes too far - it can destroy the power pills!"

Anyone get this glitch where the toy destroys the powerpill only halfway and there's no way to eat it and so you can't clear the screen?

...bug whereby you can't finish a maze if you die when an energizer is being destroyed

Glenn "the 5200 man's" A8 conversion doesn't seem to have this one glitch. I guess he fixed it. And yes, many glitches are still found.

Incidentally, I did find the Ms. Pac-Man intermission graphics inside JR Pac-Man. Sort of tells you how far (or not far) GCC got with this version.

post-17239-1239141991.gif

Looks like the quoted text feature is messing up... :ponder:

I don't think I've seen my bug mentioned before, the one with being unable to clear the maze is well known. My point was that I could still clear the maze even with one dot still visible and therefore uneaten.

Edited by Chris-in-NJ

If I understand :ponder: , the last dot left on the screen was the power pill? Or was it a random dot?

Either way I think it’s a timing issue that needs tweaking.

I’ve been trying to insert Glenn’s code into the 5200. I have a version now that finishes a maze after eating 30 or so dots. Not what I was going for, but…