IGNORED

Got a real a-hole buyer!

huskers1987

Sold a game to a guy last week, he paid on weds, I sent it out on thurs, He got it monday or tuesday, He emailed me and said it didnt work. It was a gamecube game, the condition of the game disc itself was excellent, I tested it before I shipped it. He emails me and tells me hes going to leave a negative for me in a couple days. WTF? telling me the game wouldnt work in his system. I offered him a full refund it he returned the game to me, He hasnt emailed me back yet. I bet he wouldnt be so jumpy to leave a negative if I could leave a negative for him in return, he has 3 whole feedbacks. If this guy ruins my 100 percent feedback Im gonna be pissed,because Im a honest,good seller.

One thing that I have noticed is that when sellers are shipping used CD based games, there is a strong tendency for the CD to become loose from the case which allows them to float around freely within the case which in turn causes them to become scratched during transit. I don't know if this applies to you or not.

One thing that I have noticed is that when sellers are shipping used CD based games, there is a strong tendency for the CD to become loose from the case which allows them to float around freely within the case which in turn causes them to become scratched during transit. I don't know if this applies to you or not.

I suppose that could happen, but the game was near perfect, I would think a game would work even with a few minor scratches from accidental shipping. I pack things pretty well, so i wouldnt think that would happen. The guy could of emailed me T and said " the game doesnt work, could I please get a refund"? He just pretty much told me that I was going to get a negative. Thats the bad thing about this ebay negative feedback, its one sided., which isnt right

I suppose that could happen, but the game was near perfect, I would think a game would work even with a few minor scratches from accidental shipping. I pack things pretty well, so i wouldnt think that would happen.

To add my two cents in reverse order.

How you pack it doesn't matter in a case like this. All good packing does is prevents an item on a whole from being damaged, it does not prevent loose things inside said item from being knocked free. Abusive shipping forces are still being applied to the item. - IE: You could be trying to ship an old tube radio. You pack it very well in padding and bubble wrap. That protects the unit itself from damage (case/frame won't be dented/crushed/broken), but the tubes inside could still pop out all the same. I have "never" bought a CD in the mail that was still attached to it's locking mechanism when it arrived. And I'm not talking used stuff either, but new factory sealed directly from reputable companies and manufactuers. They have always been loose in the case.

Of course how much damage the disc will get depends on the size of the disk and the size of the case. A music cd in a regular music case for example, no so much since the disc can't move alot and the spindle stays around the hub. But just about anything comming in a dvd style case, yeah, there is a lot of potential for scratching if it comes loose since it can move alot inside the case. This is very true with the GC which uses those damned mini discs and has a whole world to slide around in.

To that end, the Gamecube is very picky, and it doesn't take many scratches to make a disc unplayable. One of my RE games on the GC has just two tiny little super light scratch marks on it, not even across the entire disc. So small and light, I'd practicaly call the disc immaculate. It's unplayable. DRE's before even getting to the title. Most consoles tend to be kinda picky here, but out of all the CD based consoles I own (SegaCD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox360 and Gamecube) the Gamecube is the worst!

Not that I'm trying to defend the buyer. His approach to handling the situation does make him an a-hole, but I do absolutly believe what he said about it not working and why.

Edited by Artlover

A couple times when I had bought CD/DVD type stuff the seller had either put a square of folded up cardboard in the case or a small piece of styrafoam etc in the jewel case before closing the case (one time fastened with a piece of duct tape so it wouldn't pop open) and the disc was secure and not rattling around. Just thought I'd put that suggestion out there since it seemed to work well. Obviously though, if the game was sealed it wouldn't be possible.

I suppose that could happen, but the game was near perfect, I would think a game would work even with a few minor scratches from accidental shipping. I pack things pretty well, so i wouldnt think that would happen.

To add my two cents in reverse order.

How you pack it doesn't matter in a case like this. All good packing does is prevents an item on a whole from being damaged, it does not prevent loose things inside said item from being knocked free. Abusive shipping forces are still being applied to the item. - IE: You could be trying to ship an old tube radio. You pack it very well in padding and bubble wrap. That protects the unit itself from damage (case/frame won't be dented/crushed/broken), but the tubes inside could still pop out all the same. I have "never" bought a CD in the mail that was still attached to it's locking mechanism when it arrived. And I'm not talking used stuff either, but new factory sealed directly from reputable companies and manufactuers. They have always been loose in the case.

Of course how much damage the disc will get depends on the size of the disk and the size of the case. A music cd in a regular music case for example, no so much since the disc can't move alot and the spindle stays around the hub. But just about anything comming in a dvd style case, yeah, there is a lot of potential for scratching if it comes loose since it can move alot inside the case. This is very true with the GC which uses those damned mini discs and has a whole world to slide around in.

To that end, the Gamecube is very picky, and it doesn't take many scratches to make a disc unplayable. One of my RE games on the GC has just two tiny little super light scratch marks on it, not even across the entire disc. So small and light, I'd practicaly call the disc immaculate. It's unplayable. DRE's before even getting to the title. Most consoles tend to be kinda picky here, but out of all the CD based consoles I own (SegaCD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox360 and Gamecube) the Gamecube is the worst!

Not that I'm trying to defend the buyer. His approach to handling the situation does make him an a-hole, but I do absolutly believe what he said about it not working and why.

The guy finally emailed and cooled down a bit and said he would accept a refund, he did apologize for the previous email he sent. I didnt realize the gamecube games were so delicate, Thats the first one that I sold that didnt work. The disc worked on my machine before I sent it.

Yea the guy approached him wrong.

I recently bought a PSone import game from some guy in Hawaii. It didn't have the ads and booklet like advertised in the picture. I said "Hey bud, I'm sure it's a mistake, but you didn't include the ads and the extra booklet pictured in the ad. I figured instead of leaving a negative feedback, I'd simply ask if you could, please mail them to me".

The guy was nice as heck, said he was sorry, that he forgot to put it in the envelope, and speedy shipped it to my house.. here in less than a week :).

As a side note.. being the owner of all the systems mentioned above, the Dreamcast is FAR more picky than a GC. Yes a GC can be picky, but I've never had so many disks not boot than on my DC.

Best thing you can do is, refund the jerk, get your game back, make sure it works, PAD THE INSIDE OF THE CASE, and re-sell the thing. Also, write down this guy's ebay name and never let him buy anything from your sales again.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

As a side note.. being the owner of all the systems mentioned above, the Dreamcast is FAR more picky than a GC. Yes a GC can be picky, but I've never had so many disks not boot than on my DC.

Yeah, the DC is picky too. Per "my personal experience" I would rate the DC as a very close (just short of a tie) second place.

PAD THE INSIDE OF THE CASE

Yes. For sure. I'd actually take some masking tape or painters tape and tape the disc in place too.