IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - 1 to go

RSS Bot

I just won an eBay auction by not using the Buy It Now button. It helps a lot if nobody else was bidding. In my quest to get every single black Tengen NES cart, I got Road Runner for $2.49. The Buy It Now price was $5.19, so I got it half price by not giving in to temptation. The shipping is worth more than the item. How weird is that? Does it *really* cost $3.75 to ship one NES game, or are the sellers (there are more than one charging $4.00) just being greedy or stupid? I am also expecting Shinobi and Alien Syndrome to come in the mail this week. The only one left to buy now is Fantasy Zone, which, perusing eBay, i think I'll have to pay way more than $2.49 for.

Also, I beat the DS CPU in Scrabble 430-184. The Q was the last letter left and I got it. Luckily, I was able to place it on a triple letter score, creating the word "QI" for 31 points. I have come to the conclusion that the AI on this thing is actually AS (artificial stupidity), as I had it set on level 4 out of 5 difficulty. The thing makes either the word "OE" or "OI" half the time. There are plenty of words that have both those letters in the middle of them. I was surprised when it actually used a triple word score spot i left open with an X, but other than that, it's pretty dumb.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5987