IGNORED

List of 5200 Games Worth Buying for A8 Computer Enthusiasts

Ransom

Okay, here's my second attempt at this. Using a list format will make it easier to post legibly and to modify as the community comes up with better ideas.

I'll start with what I know (keeping it basic), and if you have something to add, or a better idea for how to do this, let me know, please! You're welcome to post your own revisions to the list if you like, or just give me names of games and which category or categories they fit in and I'll add them in a future post (too bad about the limited editing time allowed by the board software).

At this point, I'm sticking to completed games. Later on, we can add prototypes, but at this point I want to provide a list for someone who's looking for carts on auction sites and the like.

5200 Games That Use 2 Buttons

Adventure II

Beamrider

Countermeasure

Defender

Gremlins

Moon Patrol

Pole Position

Qix

5200 Games That Use Analog Control

Centipede

Galaxian

Gorf

Kaboom!

Missile Command

Pengo

Pole Position

Space Invaders

Star Raiders

Super Breakout

5200 Games That Support Trackball Usage

Centipede

Defender

Galaxian

Missile Command

Pengo

Pole Position

Space Invaders

Super Breakout

Realsports Football

Realsports Soccer

Realsports Tennis

Other 5200 Games to Consider

Robotron: 2084 -- The 5200 dual controller holder is nicer to use than the 8-bit one.

Space Dungeon -- Dual controller holder provides nicer control than the 8-bit hack that allows one-stick usage.

Edited by Ransom

Okay, now that I've got that up, does anyone have a list of 5200 prototypes that take advantage of two buttons, analog controls, and/or the trakball -- and which are playable (complete minus polishing, etc.)?

Should we include playable 5200 prototypes that use digital control and one button, but which haven't been ported to the A8? Are there any such things?

And please tell me about the commercial releases I missed in my post above! I know I must have missed some that use the 5200's special qualities!

Edited by Ransom

I like you your original idea for carts that have been released so if you do prototypes maybe put that under another heading.

Also you put games that use the trackball but I have a trackball for the A8 do the games you have listed not support the trackball on the A8?

I always liked the 5200 I was on holidays there when it came out and got one, I also liked the controller don't remember anybody complaining about it back then. But then again I like the Intellivision controller so what do I know. :)

I like you your original idea for carts that have been released so if you do prototypes maybe put that under another heading.

Also you put games that use the trackball but I have a trackball for the A8 do the games you have listed not support the trackball on the A8?

That's true, A8 Missile Command supports true trak-ball mode (CTRL-T, IIRC). I think the 5200 trak-ball is better, but I should probably remove it from the list since it's not a huge difference.

I always liked the 5200 I was on holidays there when it came out and got one, I also liked the controller don't remember anybody complaining about it back then. But then again I like the Intellivision controller so what do I know. :)

:) I like them both as well.

Thank you for contributing to the list!

• 2 weeks later...