IGNORED

phaxda's Blog - My Home Office Smells Like Mold and Stale Smokes

RSS Bot

Yes, I bought another huge lot on eBay. The total I paid was over $40.00 and it was a huge mistake. This purchase of mine arrived in a large box with a couple of bubble wrap strips thrown in. While carrying it upstairs to my apartment, I could detect a faint moldy odor. I should have taken it all out to the balcony, but instead made the mistake of opening the box in my home office. The smell hit me the instant I pulled back the first flap--I have bought many disgusting lots from eBay, but this one was by far the worst. Basement mold, stale cigarette smoke, and what I am guessing was cat pee combined for the foulest perfume I have ever had the pleasure of inhaling. The included shelving unit? Broken. The Atari 2600 console? Two switches fell off and the top grooves have so much embedded dirt that the surface is nearly smooth instead of ridged. The games? They smell, they are dirty, they have shredded labels, cigarette burns in them, and are chipped. I thought I had seen it all, but I was wrong. This is by far the worst buy I have ever made. There is no way I am getting near my money paid back on this lot. I am pondering just throwing the entire thing in the dumpster. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

So gross.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5996