IGNORED

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Acquires GameGavel.com

Parrothead

Hello GameGavel.com & ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Community,

I have the privilege of informing everyone that despite GameGavel.com's closing; it is not going away completely. Hours after announcing the closing of GameGavel.com Mike Kennedy, owner of ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, contacted me about the acquisition of GameGavel.com by ChaseTheChuckwagon.com to broaden the appeal of his site. A fellow video game auction site, but structured slightly different than GameGavel.com, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com offers a great alternative to eBay for Video Game Auctions. Here are a few words from Mike:

As Jasen has made you all aware, GameGavel.com, the website is being shut down. I am the owner of a competing gaming auction site, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Some of you may have heard of it, some may have not but Jasen and I wanted to alert you all as soon as possible that ChaseTheChuckwagon.com will assume the domain name GameGavel.com and will soon be redirecting it to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. It is my intention to keep the GameGavel.com name and market it in conjunction with ChaseTheChuckwagon. I have been told by a few of my members having a name that is more universal, (unlike my Atari game named ChaseTheChuckwagon.com) may be something I need to really continue to grow my auction site and brand among a more diverse crowd.

That being said I will continue to use both names together to bring people to our video gaming community. To bring some of you up to speed on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, we launched in March 2008 and have now grown to over 2,200 members, we’ve hosted over 100,000 auctions and sold over $80,000 in merchandise. Like GameGavel.com we have no listing fees but do have some minimal selling/final value fees and listing enhancement fees – believe me they don’t amount to much 3% of sales for under $100, 2% $100-$1000 and 1% over $1000. Fees help an auction site evolve and most importantly market to bring in more buyers for your auctions, which more than offset the small fees. They are needed for a business to run and grow.

In addition we offer a thriving member forum community, free seller branded storefronts/homepages, free auction promotional tools, monthly listing contests for $, multiple item bulk upload capability as well as an automatic feed of all our auctions into classified sites oodle.com and Google Base – triples the exposure of your auctions. So like GameGavel.com we have a tremendous amount to offer you over Ebay. In addition your registration on Chuckwagon/GameGavel also gets you registered in my other auction site Vendazzle.com. It is an auction site for everything other than video games. It was born out of the demand of my members for a site to sell other things. It recently launched in January but is now starting to gain a head of steam. One registration gets you entry into both sites.

Many of you may know Jasen and I have had similar goals of creating and growing a thriving, less expensive auction alternative for our fellow gamers. I hope you will take the time to familiarize yourself with the new ChaseTheChuckwagon.com/GameGavel.com auction site and I hope you will consider joining if you are not already a member of ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Our community is one of the best and is turning into a great group of older and younger gamers alike all looking to buy and sell games in a venue that is passionate about its content. I am sure Jasen will add to this message, but our goal was and is still the same and we both stand by that.

Mike Kennedy, Founder

http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Thank you for the support over the past 15 months. GameGavel.com was a challenging and rewarding endevour for me and my family. Your support for Grass Roots efforts is greatly appreciated and I hope you show the same support to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

For the last time,"Let the Gavel Fall!"

Jasen Hicks, Founder and Former owner of GameGavel.com & Mike Kennedy, Founder ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Edited by Parrothead

Glad this is out in the open. :)

I'm confident that the diversity will be even greater and with continued support the site can really thrive.

Mike's worked very hard and always is looking out for the members which is why I support CTCW and am very happy to be a part of the community there.

Everyone's always welcome and you can always find someone to lend a hand or answer questions when you need it. You don't pay anything up front for a standard auction until it closes, it's free for pictures, and it's free to relist so I do encourage people to take a chance and list something. There really isn't anything to lose IMO and if you're that concerned there is a really low cost for a reserve auction - .50.

Mike,

Just redirect with the site. Don't use the name for anything, we all love CTCW as the banner. GG left a sour tast for some people. It's awesome you crushed a peice of the competition but I think it's best left as that, dust under your heels.

Cheers & Congrats,

Shawn

That's good news for Chuckwagon. I have always thought though that GameGavel is ultimately a better name (but CTCW a better auction site). I love the quirkiness of the CTCW name, but it is like an inside joke for the Atari community and I don't see it having broad appeal. Again - congrats. and smart move.

How many *active* users buying\selling, making sales\purchases on a regular basis did gamegravel have anyhow? I didn't think it was many that had constant completed transactions.

Not real sure there Shawn. They had 625 members when it was all said and done. And I am sure we shared a decent % of the same members. I am only buying the name, the rest is going bye bye.

If you guys want to listen to my impromptu auction talk it may explain things for ya :)

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3

Edited by Parrothead

just a suggestion,maybe try to expand to cd's and dvd's?? to broaden the horizen...i personally have a bunch of unwanted stuff and i am very tired of ebay.

Try it on http://www.Vendazzle.com. Your Chuckwagon reg gets you in there as well and it's starting to gain a head of steam :)

Edited by Parrothead