IGNORED

need advice - have Colecovision boxes

pvmeistrel

During our recent remodel we had to empty out the attic. I found 2 empty boxes in very good condition - one for the Colecovision system itself and one for module 2 expansion(the steering wheel). Both still had the styrofoam inside that kept them rigid. The family thought I was crazy for not throwing them out. I thought what a waste when I know there is a collector who has the items but not the original boxes, who would love to have them. I'm not trying to make money on them, but would like to make someone happy. I thought I'd put them on the Los Angeles Craigs list because I don't want to have to ship them. However, I also don't want to give them to someone who will turn around and sell the same boxes for money. I'd then feel foolish. Anyone have a suggestion what I should do with these boxes? Am I crazy to think someone wants these? I'm not a collector so I just have no idea what I'm getting into. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Yes, Colecovision collectors would definitely want these, especially since you have the styrofoam inserts. Don't throw them away! People will pay to have you ship empty boxes to them - it's true - so while putting them on Craig's list is fine, you could try elsewhere online, too. Don't forget to get some good pictures.

Honestly, most people you would sell them to or give them to would put a system in them and flip them. I would, unless the boxes were so good as to be better than the ones I have in my collection. I would take the lesser box and sell it with a system, either on eBay or at Midwest Classic. That being said, every dollar that I sell goes straight back into my collection as though it were a trade. If you want to support my collection (which is like supporting a national treasure), PM me, and I'll buy them from you. You would have to ship them.

If I had infinite space I would keep multiple boxed systems around for the ToyRUs of days of yore sensation. That would look pretty cool- 6 of each major system boxed lined up in a row. CV is about the only system with no box variations to speak of, so it might be do-able. Inty and 2600 have at least 10 system box variations each, amongst the different models.

During our recent remodel we had to empty out the attic. I found 2 empty boxes in very good condition - one for the Colecovision system itself and one for module 2 expansion(the steering wheel). Both still had the styrofoam inside that kept them rigid. The family thought I was crazy for not throwing them out. I thought what a waste when I know there is a collector who has the items but not the original boxes, who would love to have them. I'm not trying to make money on them, but would like to make someone happy. I thought I'd put them on the Los Angeles Craigs list because I don't want to have to ship them. However, I also don't want to give them to someone who will turn around and sell the same boxes for money. I'd then feel foolish. Anyone have a suggestion what I should do with these boxes? Am I crazy to think someone wants these? I'm not a collector so I just have no idea what I'm getting into. I'd appreciate suggestions.

What part of L.A. do you live in???? I am might be interested if the price is right...... :) I really do not collect Colecovision but I do have a Colecovision collection without boxes....I would not mind getting your boxes..... :)

That would look nice with my unboxed Coleco, so say your price :D

i have an empty virtual boy console box,i wonder if someone would want that :?:

i CAN ALWAYS use boxes. Esp a V-boy box. Will trade or purchase if reasonable.

Sadly when I left Midwest Classic Sun PM, there were maybe 5 system boxes that were being dumped, and I just had NO space to take them- Gen, NES, Sat, and a few more. Yikes!

i have an empty virtual boy console box,i wonder if someone would want that :?:

i CAN ALWAYS use boxes. Esp a V-boy box. Will trade or purchase if reasonable.

Sadly when I left Midwest Classic Sun PM, there were maybe 5 system boxes that were being dumped, and I just had NO space to take them- Gen, NES, Sat, and a few more. Yikes!

you have any intellivision games for trade?