IGNORED

American Classic Video Game Tournament - May 28 - 31

Waterborn

The American Classic Video Game Tournament is scheduled to be held at Funspot in Wiers Beach, NH on May 28 - 31. So far, details are a bit vague, but many of you may remember Funspot and the American Classic Video Game Museum from the movie The King of Kong, which featured one of its climactic scenes at this venue. I am working to set up an interview with Gary Vincent and Bob Lawton, co-founders of the ACVGM, for my regular column on vintage gaming Digital Memories. You can found out more about the tournament, the ACVGM and Funspot at http://www.classicarcademuseum.org/ or follow my blog and Column at www.2old2play.com. I plan to cover the tournament for our site and hope to see some of you there.

I asked Al to post a news story about this last week, but he hasn't gotten to it yet. This is the 11th year for the event, and we should see some interesting surprises.

I am one of Gary Vincent's assistants for the tournament, so any questions can be directed to me.

Mike,

Thanks for the follow up. If there is more information about the event, including times, registration protocols, etc, please let us know. I have spoken with Gary a few times and hope to be able to interview him and Bob regarding the back history of Funspot and the ACVAM. Any help you can provide is setting up an interview would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need any help during the event and are looking for volunteers, let me know. We have several 2old2play members in NE who may be attending the event.

Mike,

Thanks for the follow up. If there is more information about the event, including times, registration protocols, etc, please let us know. I have spoken with Gary a few times and hope to be able to interview him and Bob regarding the back history of Funspot and the ACVAM. Any help you can provide is setting up an interview would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need any help during the event and are looking for volunteers, let me know. We have several 2old2play members in NE who may be attending the event.

PM me your contact info and I will see it is sent up the chain.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mike, sorry for not remembering to track you down on Thurs/Friday. I will be back up in Laconia tomorrow (Sunday) and will definitely introduce myself.

For everyone else - Check out my blog at http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn for photos and updates from the event. I have been able to secure interviews with Walter Day and Todd Rogers among others and will have this content edited and posted soon. I am heading back up to Laconia tomorrow for the final day of the tourney and report on the winners later in the day. You can also get real-time updates and photos from the event tomorrow via my Twitter Feed at http://twitter.com/.

If anyone is heading up on Sunday, let me know.

Dane