IGNORED

Please identify this lead...

GOTHCLAWZ

• 2 weeks later...
You might consider purchasing a Stelladaptor 2600 to USB Interface from the AA store to use standard 9 pin joysticks. Otherwise you'll need a 15 pin joystick to USB adapter off EBay.

Well, I tried that adapter in the pic on my Sega Megadrive controller & I can't seem to get it working... will the 2600 to USB interface work?

I don't have a Stelladapter but I suspect many AA folks would vouch for it "doing exactly what it says on the tin" ;-). I don't have a SegaMegadrive either but I'm guessing its controllers aren't RS232 (too expensive, back in the day), so no surprise it doesn't work as expected.

I don't have a Stelladapter but I suspect many AA folks would vouch for it "doing exactly what it says on the tin" ;-). I don't have a SegaMegadrive either but I'm guessing its controllers aren't RS232 (too expensive, back in the day), so no surprise it doesn't work as expected.

It fits in RS232, but I can't get my computer to think that there's a gamepad plugged into it.

Just because it fits into the connector doesn't mean its RS232. Looking at the Megadrive joystick pinout its not going to work (Remember! Google is your friend).

Great, well now this piece of blue shit is worthless to me >:C