IGNORED

The "I got my Skunkboard!" Thread

Hyper_Eye

Unless i am seriously missing something here, going by the threads here, you have to physically make your own skunk board cart

I guess that bumps up the cost of the skunkboard you originally purchased

You are indeed seriously missing something here. SkunkBoards work fine without the plastic casing, so no, you don't have to make your own case for it to work. If you do want a plastic case over it, then yes, you do have to make one, and yes, I guess that technically bumps-up the cost.

Unless i am seriously missing something here, going by the threads here, you have to physically make your own skunk board cart

I guess that bumps up the cost of the skunkboard you originally purchased

The Skunkboard is ready to use on arrival. What people are doing is putting it into a shell. You don't have to do that. It is simply cosmetic.

Given that the Skunk can run any rom image of any game currently in existence, why would you ever want to yank it out of the Jaguar to put a *real* gamerom in?

Mine has replaced the Tempest 2000 I was considering soldering into the slot :)

The only point I can see is if you want to play a CD based game.

• Like 1

Given that the Skunk can run any rom image of any game currently in existence, why would you ever want to yank it out of the Jaguar to put a *real* gamerom in?

Mine has replaced the Tempest 2000 I was considering soldering into the slot :)

The only point I can see is if you want to play a CD based game.

Well the Skunkboard was crippled to not accept rom images of some games (like Battlesphere), so you might want to hold off from soldering that Skunkboard to your Jaguar. ;)

Well the Skunkboard was crippled to not accept rom images of some games (like Battlesphere), so you might want to hold off from soldering that Skunkboard to your Jaguar. ;)

But I don't want to play battlesphere, because I have a PC and X-Wing :P - No software is worth the price that thing sells for. Maybe if they did a digital distribution of the ROM for around $10-$20 they'd sell loads more.

• Like 1

No software is worth the price that thing sells for. Maybe if they did a digital distribution of the ROM for around $10-$20
Seriously. I hate that some of the Jaguar's best games and greatest showpieces are stuck in limbo... They're not being produced anymore, they haven't been dumped, SkunkBoards apparently block them anyway, collectors are hoarding them, and all I want to do is play a video game on an old system that I enjoy without having to pay those frighteningly inflated prices.
  • Like 1

Can you post if you're still patiently waiting for one of the very last ones? Hope it comes soon...

The final shipment was sent 2.5 weeks ago.

PM me immediately if you are in the US and did not receive your Skunkboard. I'll need your zip code to check your tracking number.

If you're outside the US, the average shipping time is about 2 weeks. However, some people have had their boards held up in customs for as long as 4 weeks from the shipping date. Still, you should see your board by the end of this week. If not, PM me with your full address and I can at least confirm that your order was properly addressed and posted.

Unfortunately for our overseas customers, the United States Postal Service won't investigate a late package until 6 weeks from the shipping date. :/

- KS

Picked mine up from Royal Mail depot today, cost me another £16 & pennies in tax & handling, but who cares? Worth every penny. Makes testing stuff you are working on so much more fun that vjag :)

Thanks to all the people involved in making & testing this great piece of hardware.

pea

I've had my skunk a while now & decided to put it in a box - here it is:

reboot-are-ghey-cunts.jpg

It's got creatures including ladybirds & also a love heart - that's the way we do it in Lancashire.

I didn't fancy a big big hole in the back & since the usba posts are not used I just quickly ripped holes for those with a pikey chinese fake dremel:

chinese-fakey-dremel-hack-job.jpg

Notice the cleanliness of the jag - found in the depths of the loft.

I put the usbb cable out through the side circle at the top, better than a hole in the top & made it so it won't pull easily.

Can anyone out-gay my skunk?

kisses xxx

• Like 1

Naturally I approve of the lions. ;)

Those were for you, quite harmless-looking :)

The skunk board has to be the best piece of kit I've bought for years... you boys have helped breathe life into the jaguar - I hope there are plans for many more to be produced at some point (the more skunks the more devs, the more devs the more kids who want skunks. 4 of my friends want at least one & I need a 2nd.)

Wow... Social perjoratives bordering on racism and "gay" stickers? Nice post icon_wink.gif

Hey, play nice. It's a Chinese fake Dremel that cuts & routs holes like a pikey lopping your trees... sorry if I upset any passing gypos, no offence intended, please get back to your tarmacing. That's really not even close to bordering on racism, though. The stickers are quite gay in every sense of the word & I like them, I have a set of penguins on my ct63 faclon to suit :P

• Like 1

Not a fan of the decals, though I like the routing of the USB cable through the side. It looks a bit more tidy; if I'd thought of that I'd have cut out the hole there as well.

Well I think you've got to have fun with it, it's only a piece of plastic & now it's a piece of plastic that makes me smile :)

Wow... Social perjoratives bordering on racism and "gay" stickers? Nice post icon_wink.gif
Hey, play nice. It's a Chinese fake Dremel that cuts & routs holes like a pikey lopping your trees... sorry if I upset any passing gypos, no offence intended, please get back to your tarmacing. That's really not even close to bordering on racism, though. The stickers are quite gay in every sense of the word & I like them, I have a set of penguins on my ct63 faclon to suit :P
Tarmacing? Now who's not playing nice!? No worries though, I wasn't terribly offended or anything; rather, I was just saying that's not how I would've gone about making a first impression, is all. It's not like I blew-up and went on some rant about social justice and homophobia or some shit like that... No need to get preachy, but no need to be insensitive either, y'know?

No need to get preachy, but no need to be insensitive either, y'know?

Ah OK, I see I'm going to have to walk a very fine line here... better get back to doing some jag stuff rather than upsetting the locals. See you all next year.

Ah OK, I see I'm going to have to walk a very fine line here... better get back to doing some jag stuff rather than upsetting the locals. See you all next year.

I for one am proud to see diversity reflected among Skunkboards. Your gay Skunkboard is as welcome on this forum as all the others.

(...and sadly Tursi would not allow me to make a run of white Skunks. All the Rev 2s had to be black with white stripes, limiting Skunk diversity. :( )

- KS

Edited by kskunk

I prefer to keep my Skunks nude :P in their birthday suits, I like the raw look of the electronic components and they remind me of like a "mini-Alpine." I prefer the black, dark appearance of the rev.2s over a white color, just seems cooler to me, yes I know most all the cool electronics are white today; Wii, original iPods, the360, the firstDS, etc. Everybody has a different color preference, of course :), but Skunks are black with two white strips.

post-9089-1245130851_thumb.jpg

Lancashire - shouldn't you have a red rose on there too?

Yes, good call. Dotdotdot/reboot would appreciate that being from the wrong side of the hills.

Actually, my cart label is a bit of a joke, everyone seems to like to make supercool cases & stickers & I was about to ttempt the same, but Promethea dared me to make a super-B-rated effort. I'll be making a proper label when I get the right kind of inspiration, but I'll be keeping the lions somewhere ;)

In fact though I might just make another case, Mr Morden has managed to case his with only a few tiny holes for the pins on the back, I'm quite jealous! But I do have a can of metallic red paint I could try... :P