IGNORED

Cash inside cartridge bought on eBay

I used to hide my money in a 3.5 disk drive slot in my PC when I had alot of money. I would pull out the roll when I wanted some cash. Well long story short when you have alot of cash you don't notice 100 or 200 in 20's missing from your roll. I moved to a larger city, had a much lower paying job at the time and I was going to replace the fan in my PC and I found about $200 dollars 20 dollar bills from about a year previous.

The most I've found is 25 cents in a console. I've seen lots of coins in systems, but never any money in a cartridge. I had a friend find $300 in silver certificates (old paper dollars) from the 1930s in a library book he bought for $2 at a local library donation sale. He tried to spend a $10 at a taco place and they called the cops on him saying the money was counterfeit.

That was dumb. Those old silver notes are worth quite a bit more than their face value. Once in a while I hear about a store that refuses $2 notes because they think they're fake.

Once in a while I hear about a store that refuses $2 notes because they think they're fake.

Happened to the lady in front of me at an Office Max. I have no idea where she got the wad of $2 bills, but she started counting them out and the guy (maybe in his early 20's) laughed and said "No, we need real money". It took both me and her convincing this guy that $2 bills were indeed real money. Then again I guess if you've never seen one before you might be suspicious since I don't think I've ever heard of someone talking about them since the early 80's.

Tempest

Once in a while I hear about a store that refuses $2 notes because they think they're fake.

Happened to the lady in front of me at an Office Max. I have no idea where she got the wad of $2 bills, but she started counting them out and the guy (maybe in his early 20's) laughed and said "No, we need real money". It took both me and her convincing this guy that $2 bills were indeed real money. Then again I guess if you've never seen one before you might be suspicious since I don't think I've ever heard of someone talking about them since the early 80's.

Tempest

I would have just bought the whole roll from the lady. Give her a small premium of course.

A few years ago, I work at a scrap yard that has a car shredder. We had installed an Eddy Current system to seperate non-ferrous metals from the trash that the shredder tore up.

I had run it for about 4 weeks, then one day I was watching the conveyer belt when I saw some money coming toward me. I didn't notice what bills they were until after i didn't see anymore coming, and I had time to look. There was 13 $100 bills and a $10 bill.

2 of the $100 bill were so ripped up and not enough of them left that the Treasury department won't replace them. I still came out pretty good. I would usually find $5 to $60 a week on the job.

I bought a cartridge on eBay, I think it was Popeye and it was the PAL version instead of NTSC so I sent it back. The woman had some other carts I didn't have so I picked one to replace it and when it came there was a sweet smell I couldn't place, but when I took the cart out of the box it sounded like there were bits of paper inside until one of those bits came out and it was a cock roach! The cart was filled with roaches and they were in this half dead half alive state. It was horrible, especially since I had the cartridge on my bed!!! It was a complete nightmare. I ended up ditching the all the carts I got from her, just incase so I would say $20 is a pretty cool find in comparison.

Tempest

I would have just bought the whole roll from the lady. Give her a small premium of course.

Why? You can still get them at any bank. You just have to ask for them.

Tempest

Tempest

I've got a couple of $2 bills with 2004 dates on them. In fact, I usually just hang on to $2 bills when I get them. There's one lying on the table right now.

There is a grocery store in Byron, Illinois that gives out $2 as change as standard practice. They've been doing it for years. When I used to shop there, I'd sometimes forget, then I'd get to work and late at night would find I didn't have any $1 bills for the soda machine, just all these $2 bills. Ticked me off! They were always brand new crisp $2 bills, too.

Tempest

you think that's bad?

once I got flak from a gas station employee for using an old style 20, guy called the cops and everything, fortunately the dispatcher just told the guy they were real, just old

The woman had some other carts I didn't have so I picked one to replace it and when it came there was a sweet smell I couldn't place, but when I took the cart out of the box it sounded like there were bits of paper inside until one of those bits came out and it was a cock roach!

When I was reading this - "sweet smell", "bits of paper" - I was anticipating a roach falling out, but just another kind of roach.

post-5874-1241323616.gif

Most people I know use those little plastic film canisters, but I suppose a cart would work just as well for hiding a stash.

Never found money in a cart, but I've found up to $50 in quarters hanging around in various arcade cabs that I've owned. :D

It took both me and her convincing this guy that $2 bills were indeed real money.

I was trying to ditch some Susan B's lately and the cashier (and about four other people) didn't believe that they were real money...

Why? You can still get them at any bank. You just have to ask for them.

Tempest

I was assuming they where old ones. Here in Canada the 2 dollar and 1 dollar bill got stopped in favor of coins in the late 80's so 1 and 2 dollar bills are quite a novelty to see for us.