IGNORED

Did anyone else buy from themortgagecanwait from last week?

godsey1

I won this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110376126766 , and got it today. It is no where near mint/C10 condition, nor is it sealed. I'm just glad that I didn't win more if they are all like this. There is a real bad crease on one side and the back of the box has a good bit of the red paint rubbed off. I am going to contact the sell to see if they will refund my money.

Tony

Edited by godsey1

I won this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110376126766 , and got it today. It is no where near mint/C10 condition, nor is it sealed. I'm just glad that I didn't win more if they are all like this. There is a real bad crease on one side and the back of the box has a good bit of the red paint rubbed off. I am going to contact the sell to see if they will refund my money.

Tony

Not to be critical, but wasn't it obvious from the fairly high resolution photo on the listing that this thing wasn't anywhere near mint/C10 condition? The box looks scraped up and dented even in the picture.

It's fairly obvious the packaging isn't mint. I think alot of people rate the complete package, usually when I see C-10 in a listing it's the complete package, not just the internal pieces, but I think some sellers use the terms to describe just the items inside, so you have to read the ad fully and examine pictures. I think for this auction, the seller really doesn't know much about video games or the importance of box conditions and from his understanding this is NOS goods, shelf wear okay, but with the internal items being mint.

Define factory sealed on some of those old Atari games? Not all have shrinkwrap, not all are glued shut. I'm guessing this one has no hang tab in rear, only a top flap that extends completely across the top and tucks inside. Where these shrinkwraped originally? I'm trying to recall a shrinkwrapped Air Sea battle but I don't believe I've ever seen one. I think that one possibly is a NOS game with basic shelf wear. factory fresh yes, sealed no, but probably never was.

I wasn't looking for the box to be mint (as you can tell from the pictures), but I was looking for it to be sealed. I am collecting sealed games when I can. This one is not new as the Atari catalog and instructions have ware and bent edges. The seller told me that they would either replace it with another one, so I may try another one. Some of my sealed games are a little rough, but they are either glued or shrinkwrapped.

In this case the auction should have been listed as NIB (which it definately is not new), and not listed as Factory Sealed. I'm just curious to see if any of the other auctions were like this.

The seller did do the "the auction states the stuff in side the box is C10, and not the box". The box is the style without the hang tab, just the flap that goes in side the box.

Tony

I wasn't looking for the box to be mint (as you can tell from the pictures), but I was looking for it to be sealed. I am collecting sealed games when I can. This one is not new as the Atari catalog and instructions have ware and bent edges. The seller told me that they would either replace it with another one, so I may try another one. Some of my sealed games are a little rough, but they are either glued or shrinkwrapped.

In this case the auction should have been listed as NIB (which it definately is not new), and not listed as Factory Sealed. I'm just curious to see if any of the other auctions were like this.

The seller did do the "the auction states the stuff in side the box is C10, and not the box". The box is the style without the hang tab, just the flap that goes in side the box.

Tony

I might be wrong but the guy was selling some of the early releases of games that came out from 78 to 81. If I am not mistaken most of those were not sealed to begin with.

The guy sounds a little over excited about an Air-Sea Battle box. "Fantastic potential"?! WTF does that mean?

agree, whats the big deal about air-sea battle? First of all I can tell by the pic that this isnt even close to mint,some people need to take classes on grading items.I believe the only way something can be considered mint is if its brand new. Even if this was brand new and sealed,its still not worth all that much anyway. The guy selling this sounds like he found a gold nugget or something?