IGNORED

Dragonstomper- what does the lantern do?

Scott Stilphen

I have played DS exhaustively, (you can see my COMPLETE strategy guide over at atarinvader.com http://www.atarinvader.com/modules.php?nam...rticle&artid=55), and I can find NO use for the lantern. I believe it was intended to light the traps in the Dragon's Cave, but it does nothing when you attempt to use it in the village or in the Cave.

If anyone does discover a use or purpose, PLEASE let me know!

Thomas, it should be easy to see (by looking at the code) if it has any affect in the game though, right?

No, not at all.

First, I don't know how to play that game (which I must to understand the code) and second, the code is huge (25344 bytes) compared to those games I have disassembled yet (4096/8192 bytes).

are you talking about the pit you drop through to get to the Dragon? I thought that was always visible?

I have tried to "use" the Latern on every possible screen in every possible situation with no success. Just to be sure, I'll play it again tonight and try once more. :)