IGNORED

What model of 5200?

thewesker

It looks like the two-port model (matte finish rather than gloss on the controller storage compartment door), but it's hard to be sure.

Price-wise, well, as long as it works and you're happy with the price, then that's OK. That's how I look at it anyway. There's always someone who bought the same thing for a lot less, no matter what you paid for it. ;)

Just thought I'd share a story of getting some more 5200 games today. I haven't been to my local thrift store for about a year, but I went in there today. Saw the usual, couple common NES games, common Genesis Sports games.... and just as I was about to leave, I circled the aisle again and something caught my eye. A STACK OF 5200 GAMES!

Of course I snatched them up. $1 each. They are:

- Dig Dug

- Kangaroo

- RealSports Football

- Defender

- Joust

Pretty nice haul, eh? :D

Just thought I'd report in and say that the 5200 came today and it is AMAZING. All the games work perfect, it hooked up to the TV just fine and everything. The controllers work just fine too. I am VERY impressed as a first time owner. The console came packaged as if it was brand new in the box and has a lot of the manuals and overlays too. I would say I got a damn fine deal on everything!

Everything looks brand new! The controllers look like they've barely been used.

Edited by thewesker

Just thought I'd report in and say that the 5200 came today and it is AMAZING. All the games work perfect, it hooked up to the TV just fine and everything. The controllers work just fine too. I am VERY impressed as a first time owner. The console came packaged as if it was brand new in the box and has a lot of the manuals and overlays too. I would say I got a damn fine deal on everything!

Everything looks brand new! The controllers look like they've barely been used.

I'm glad you like it! You have some great experiences ahead. :)

• 4 weeks later...
The controllers work just fine too.

Go buy a lottery ticket, NOW!

Hahaahhahahaa

You pay $20 to $40 for the system and a few games..... just to find out i'll cost you $30 plus to

fix one controller!!!!!

I wonder if Best sells "fixed" controllers on Ebay.

Their web site's prices are high... even for a trade in exchange.

-rick

The controllers work just fine too.

Go buy a lottery ticket, NOW!

You know, I usually don't sneek over to the 5200 posts, but since I've owned one (and might again), I have to comment on this. Yes, today is YOUR day to go buy a lottery ticket! Since you managed to score a 5200 WITH A WORKING CONTROLLER (no mean feat), you are very lucky indeed. Now, send some of that luck MY way, would you?

-Steve