IGNORED

Another bad ebay experience

nester

Well I finally got around to ordering a couple of new 7800 controllers a week or so ago, and they got here today. I knew it was a bad sign when I opened the box and the wires of the two controllers were all tangled up. The first controller I tried at first seemed to be okay, but the right button didn't work. The second controller was even worse. I thought that there was a demo of Xevious playing, but it was in fact my controller. Both the buttons were stuck in the fire position and the joystick constantly goes up. I opened the thing up and found one of the springs (for the left button) missing and everything generally loose. I was able to straighten things up a little on the inside, but it only helped the buttons for a little while. I think that this is the most broken thing I've ever bought on ebay before! I should've just posted that I needed on in the marketplace here. I'm sure one of you have an extra one lying around. Now I gotta email the seller and see what we can do. Why can't I just find a decent working 7800 controller!?

Was it listed "tested - working" or some such in the description? IDK, I'm not a big fan of the 7800 controllers' design but I've not heard much about them having durability issues...you sound like you've had a lot of problems?

And ya you prolly could have gotten a pair here pretty cheap but hindsight is 20/20. Email the seller and see how it goes. Maybe you can semd them back for a refund and then buy from someone here instead. You do know that except for 2-fire button games you can use 2600 sticks right?

I've had a few things like that happen on Ebay lately. I've been lucky that the stuff has been mostly fixable by me, but at least one thing I can recall was beyond that, and shipping costs just made me have to eat the loss. I don't much buy any stuff there anymore except new items because of that.

Well I finally got around to ordering a couple of new 7800 controllers a week or so ago, and they got here today. I knew it was a bad sign when I opened the box and the wires of the two controllers were all tangled up. The first controller I tried at first seemed to be okay, but the right button didn't work. The second controller was even worse. I thought that there was a demo of Xevious playing, but it was in fact my controller. Both the buttons were stuck in the fire position and the joystick constantly goes up. I opened the thing up and found one of the springs (for the left button) missing and everything generally loose. I was able to straighten things up a little on the inside, but it only helped the buttons for a little while. I think that this is the most broken thing I've ever bought on ebay before! I should've just posted that I needed on in the marketplace here. I'm sure one of you have an extra one lying around. Now I gotta email the seller and see what we can do. Why can't I just find a decent working 7800 controller!?

There are some 7800 controller pairs new in box on ebay, seems like a lower price than BEST. I really like the stock controller. I ordered a set of these from ebay and they were new as advertised and worked fine.

On the ones that you bought, no worries if you paid with paypal, heck they could be perfect and you could still get a refund.

Yeah I have a sentimental attachment to those old original controllers even though I know they're not the best. Luckily it was a pretty cheap auction so I will try to communicate with the seller. They were listed as being in "good used condition." I guess that should've been a red flag right there! Oh well, I knew I'd have to have a bad auction experience after so many good ones.

Well my money has been refunded and I'm going another route with the controller. I guess all in all it wasn't too bad of an experience. I'll have to wait another week or so though to get an actually working controller though. Oh well, it's not like there's very many good games that require 2 buttons anyway.

I guess that should've been a red flag right there!

Well usually the dead give away is 'untested' - i.e. broken.

Also, don't know about this particular sellers feedback, but I always recommend toolhaus.org to everyone before buying anything. I just checked a seller for something I was looking at and saw this, along with a ton of 'horrible packing' feedbacks.

b: item contained a dead rat in a late stage of decomposing... very rude too!!!

s: MAY HAVE BEEN A MOUSE NOT A RAT

Hmm, think I'll pass, assuming that it was the seller that was very rude and not the dead rat. :lol:

I guess that should've been a red flag right there!

Well usually the dead give away is 'untested' - i.e. broken.

Also, don't know about this particular sellers feedback, but I always recommend toolhaus.org to everyone before buying anything. I just checked a seller for something I was looking at and saw this, along with a ton of 'horrible packing' feedbacks.

b: item contained a dead rat in a late stage of decomposing... very rude too!!!

s: MAY HAVE BEEN A MOUSE NOT A RAT

Hmm, think I'll pass, assuming that it was the seller that was very rude and not the dead rat. :lol:

You mean the dead mouse.