IGNORED

Highest level you've got in Xari Arena?

82atari5200

Just playing this awesome game today. Made it to level 26. Has anyone ever made it to the 32 level?

Yep. I did it at one of the game shows (VGE?) a few years ago (Live! No emulator save states!) Check out the last pictures:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/xariarena/83083.htm

The last level was TOUGH! I only had a bonus of 64, which isn't that many bricks (I think I had 3 or 4 left). My computer partner died around the mid 20's. My final score was 261,776. Truth be told, I was shocked as all hell when I did it. I was just showing someone with me how to play it and then kept going...

Tempest

I was there for this!

It was pretty awesome watching Tempest finish a game I had never seen before. :)

Yup. It was a great moment. I just wish I had taken better pictures. We really need to try it again. Somebody should send the pictures to the programmer.

Allan

And the funny thing is that I haven't played the game since. :)

Good times... I'm always up to try it again. IIRC I was playing my own personal prototype of the game at the time, I guess I'll have to try it on a multi-cart now.

Tempest

IIRC I was playing my own personal prototype of the game at the time, I guess I'll have to try it on a multi-cart now.

Tempest

That reminds me, did you ever release your 5200 ROM collection? I know you said something about it when you released your 2600 proto ROM collection but I don't remember seeing it.

Mitch

IIRC I was playing my own personal prototype of the game at the time, I guess I'll have to try it on a multi-cart now.

Tempest

That reminds me, did you ever release your 5200 ROM collection? I know you said something about it when you released your 2600 proto ROM collection but I don't remember seeing it.

Mitch

No I haven't gotten around to it. I really need to though. First I need to look through it and see if there's anything in it that I promised not to release (I don't think so, but I need to check).

Tempest

Tempest

Mitch

No I haven't gotten around to it. I really need to though. First I need to look through it and see if there's anything in it that I promised not to release (I don't think so, but I need to check).

Tempest

Cool, it would be nice to see those and the 8-bit computer ones too.

Mitch

Cool, it would be nice to see those and the 8-bit computer ones too.

Those are a bit trickier because I know I have some DNR games in there (Risk being one of them). I didn't have many new 8-bit protos though, I mostly collected 5200.

Tempest