IGNORED

Advice on leaving feedback

Chickybaby

I recently won 2 auctions for kids Tshirts and my daughter's favorite pillow that I needed a replacement for. I had Emailed the seller and let them know I was bidding on 2 auctions and asked them to combine shipping if possible. They replied with sure. The auctions went for a really low amount and I was happy because I needed them and the last pillow I got for her cost almost $20 after shipping.

Not only did they not combine shipping but one was sent via first class and the other parcel post and they didn't even insure the 1 package like I had paid for. The plastic envelope was even ripped on the pillow but thankfully there is no damage. However, the pillow would have been as described but was squashed into it so tightly it's all misshapen and lumpy even after putting a heavy object on it for a couple days and trying to fluff it in the dryer on air after. She sleeps on this pillow so obviously that won't work. I do know it's my fault for not asking for it to be boxed but the shipping wasn't. The T-Shirts are in ok condition and as described.

Here are the 2 auctions -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:EOIBSA:US:1123 - with shipping being 6.50 plus 1.70 and insurance weighing 1.0lb even and the second

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:AAQ:US:1123 - with shipping being 4.25 and weighing 7oz

I've had 4 bad transactions and before I was threatened with negative feedback for the two I returned so I didn't leave any feedback at all and the others I ate the costs because shipping it back so I didn't leave negative feedback in those cases. Now thankfully I can do *something* but I am not sure what would be best. I know they aren't hugely expensive items but for me I saved up to buy those things for her.

I just got an email from the seller asking why hadn't left feedback and if everything was fine. I replied about the shipping issues and am waiting to see what happens.

- *If* they offer some kind of refund should I still give lower star ratings for shipping in the feedback?

- If they tell me to stuff it what are my options?

Just wanted to check with you guys while I wait for a reply since you guys usually have good advice. Thanks a lot.

They probably took little care with the items as they sold for next to nothing.

But still, the practice of overquoting for postage, or charging for a higher class delivery and only using standard post is widespread, and deserves all the buyer smackdown it gets.

I recently won 2 auctions for kids Tshirts and my daughter's favorite pillow that I needed a replacement for. I had Emailed the seller and let them know I was bidding on 2 auctions and asked them to combine shipping if possible. They replied with sure. The auctions went for a really low amount and I was happy because I needed them and the last pillow I got for her cost almost $20 after shipping.

Not only did they not combine shipping but one was sent via first class and the other parcel post and they didn't even insure the 1 package like I had paid for. The plastic envelope was even ripped on the pillow but thankfully there is no damage. However, the pillow would have been as described but was squashed into it so tightly it's all misshapen and lumpy even after putting a heavy object on it for a couple days and trying to fluff it in the dryer on air after. She sleeps on this pillow so obviously that won't work. I do know it's my fault for not asking for it to be boxed but the shipping wasn't. The T-Shirts are in ok condition and as described.

Here are the 2 auctions -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:EOIBSA:US:1123 - with shipping being 6.50 plus 1.70 and insurance weighing 1.0lb even and the second

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:AAQ:US:1123 - with shipping being 4.25 and weighing 7oz

I've had 4 bad transactions and before I was threatened with negative feedback for the two I returned so I didn't leave any feedback at all and the others I ate the costs because shipping it back so I didn't leave negative feedback in those cases. Now thankfully I can do *something* but I am not sure what would be best. I know they aren't hugely expensive items but for me I saved up to buy those things for her.

I just got an email from the seller asking why hadn't left feedback and if everything was fine. I replied about the shipping issues and am waiting to see what happens.

- *If* they offer some kind of refund should I still give lower star ratings for shipping in the feedback?

- If they tell me to stuff it what are my options?

Just wanted to check with you guys while I wait for a reply since you guys usually have good advice. Thanks a lot.

This is exactly why ebay fixed the feedback system. Now you can demand what you paid for without fear of retaliation. If they offer you some or all of a refund then I'd give them a positive, maybe they were just careless and made a mistake.

If they tell you to stuff it your option is to leave feedback appropriate to the transaction - negative and maybe one star for the shipping and such.

I was actually concerned about shipping since ths auctions went so low but felt better in tehory cause it listed priority instead of parcel or 1st class.

So pretty much leave negative feedback if they don't do anything and that's about all I can do. I would have passed it off as careless if both packages which were paid for at the same time but were mailed on different days. If they do something, and I leave them positive feedback, should I still give a lower rating for shipping?

They're at least what I think is a bigger seller on there so hopefully something positive will occur.

Thank you again so much.

If the seller gives you any lip service, I suggest you crush them with your mighty cellulose.

ROTFL! :D

If I was going to resort to biological warfare my daughter's post fiber contents in individually wrapped gifts are far worse then anything I know and could fell the fiercest of opponents. :twisted:

- I did find 2 more of those pillows for sale but they were BINs of 10$ each plus shipping and that's a bit out of my budget.

Well, I got no note, apology, or anything but I just received a refund of $3.96 of the $12.45 that I paid (minus the paypal fees of course).

They have not left feedback for me of course and I am left with the statement they made in the one message sent to me earlier -

" If so, please leave feedback and I will then do the same."

I would be willing to bet that if I say or do anything lower then perfect they'll leave a message attached to their feedback even if it is positive or more likely not leave any at all.

They're at least what I think is a bigger seller on there so hopefully something positive will occur.

I generally try to stay away from power sellers. They don't seem to have the time to do things right. I haven't bought anything on ebay for a while though, so I might be behind the times.

That wqs my daughter's absolute favorite pillow since she was about 7 months old. I'm on my 3rd one and the design is starting to get good and worn not to mention dirty as heck. I have found that they don't wash well at all.

That pillow has been everywhere from NY and OH to NV and TX. If anyone has a kid with a favorite "something" that they can't be without and has to go everywhere from cars to planes, lol, then you'd understand why I paid insurance and wanted it sent priority. :)

why did you pay 1.70 for insurance for a total of 5.00 of items?

personally since you did get some refund i would just let it go. but that's just me.

Rick

I have checked other sites and found that Ebay is pretty much the only place I can find it regularly. The original one was my pillow bought in approx 1998 and is obviously a discontinued design.