IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Collecting time

RSS Bot

At least I have a somewhat complete collection of something: Sacagawea dollar coins. All of them are Denver minted except for 2003 which is a Philly one (presumably because it was cheaper.) For this year and the next three years, they have changed the coin. The date and "E Pluribus Unum" are on the side. Why did they go and mess with that coin? About 50 years from now, I might not know what the date is because my eye sight probably won't be as good, and I couldn't probably see the year. Well, anyway, for 4 years (2009-12), they will have different back sides depicting different Native American scenes. That I don't have a problem with (although I do kind of like the eagle better.) This year, it says "$1" instead of "ONE DOLLAR."

Also, I went to the game store. Disappointed at their Game Gear selection, I asked the guy "you have any more?" He then gets out this big box of Game Gear games behind the shelf and puts it down for me to go through. There were some of the more popular games. I got Aladdin, Ecco 2, Lion King, Gin, and Solitaire for $2 each. At first Ecco 2 didn't want to work, but after two times of cleaning it with a Q-Tip and isopropyl alcohol, it finally worked, although that didn't help me figure out what to actually DO in the game. Well, that's it for today.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6074