IGNORED

Anyone know this ebay member?

Atarimania75

http://myworld.ebay.com/dond2137/

I am thinking it must be Don who used to offer side deals on every rare he could find on ebay, but anyway he keeps sending ridiculously low offers on my ebay items so i have blocked him. $9 for Zaxxon 5200 complete in box??? I'll pass! He did that with just about every item i have currently listed.

I am thinking it must be Don who used to offer side deals on every rare he could find on ebay, but anyway he keeps sending ridiculously low offers on my ebay items so i have blocked him. $9 for Zaxxon 5200 complete in box??? I'll pass! He did that with just about every item i have currently listed.

When someone makes me a lowball offer In the Questions. I post em in the auction Starting off with Dear, (then I place the users name at the beginning). It is fun, try it. :D

Edited by hhwolfman

I don't know that eBay seller. You think it is shirleysswapshop/Atari_Don under a new guise?

When someone makes me a lowball offer In the Questions. I post em in the auction Starting off with Dear, (then I place the users name at the beginning). It is fun, try it. :D

That's fine as long as they really are lowball offers. I will often times do that if it is someone who apparently never heard of buy it now, and has something I personally want for my collection. Generally I don't put a number on it, I let them tell me, yes and put their own number on it, no and bid, or very rare, yes "what is it worth to you" and I'm honest. I don't try to get it for peanuts.

AX

That's fine as long as they really are lowball offers. I will often times do that if it is someone who apparently never heard of buy it now, and has something I personally want for my collection. Generally I don't put a number on it, I let them tell me, yes and put their own number on it, no and bid, or very rare, yes "what is it worth to you" and I'm honest. I don't try to get it for peanuts.

AX

OH, I do this all the time, but say if it is an $150 Item I will offer $100 or more esp if I want it bad. Not $9 for a $75 Item. ;)

Hey Shawn,

Nope.. It wasn't me, Sorry..

I haven't had time to mess with Atari stuff lately.. been very busy ..

And No..I don't even come here much anymore either .. But I was told about this post... just wanted to clear the air.

I wish that Zaxxon weren't $111... I need that one.

AX

Send Shawn an offer through the Best Offer option - he's a pretty reasonable person when it comes to selling games.

(BTW, I remember when 5200 Zaxxon CIB was a $150 game.)

I am kind of bewildered why no one even tried to send a reasonable offer. I see one listed for almost $200 and a loose for $90 this is definitely worth at least $90 in my opinion. Quest for Quintana is actually the hardest one to come by besides Bounty Bob. Meteorites seems to show up more than Quintana.

No one is buying my vast overcollection of 7800/2600/Lynx/Genesis stuff I just put up either... or I'd be making some offers. Gotta have the money come in first. Things are standing still right now... 200 - 300 items up and only one sale today to an AA member (on eBay). Plus I owe two other people first... I can't imagine how thousands of dollars of stuff just sits... well good luck to us both... eventually I'll make some offers. I'd rather buy here though, save 15% more... Listings can be closed like I tell everyone here... PM if you see something you like.

AX

Because of the annoyance i am getting with the best offer option, i have decided to drop it off the majority of my listings temporarily! Another reason i am doing so is because i am confused on why people decide to watch a buy it now listing but don't make any offer???? What good is watching it? I can understand watching an auction but watching a buy it now seems senseless to me. Anyway i tried to drop the prices down on the stuff i already had listed. I believe that $100 is a fair price for Zaxxon and Quintana and its really the lowest i feel like going on them on ebay. If someone wants either one here i would be willing to sell them for $85 a piece but you have to let me know so i could pull them off ebay.

Because of the annoyance i am getting with the best offer option, i have decided to drop it off the majority of my listings temporarily! Another reason i am doing so is because i am confused on why people decide to watch a buy it now listing but don't make any offer???? What good is watching it? I can understand watching an auction but watching a buy it now seems senseless to me. Anyway i tried to drop the prices down on the stuff i already had listed. I believe that $100 is a fair price for Zaxxon and Quintana and its really the lowest i feel like going on them on ebay. If someone wants either one here i would be willing to sell them for $85 a piece but you have to let me know so i could pull them off ebay.

Have a bit of creative insight... there are tons of reasons to watch something and not buy it. A) if I clicked buy it now on everything I would soon get my account closed for non-payment. With nearly 300 listings, I am selling perhaps two to six items per day. I have to wait until stuff sells before I can shop. Second, lots of times there are regular auctions. People will put you on watching, then wait to see how the regular listing ends up. If it goes for more, or they don't win, they may consider yours.

Above you said you would take $90 on a best offer. With eBays 15% that would be $76.50, my personal goal was to find one for $75, so that would be very close and do-able for me $76.50. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, everyone is apparently in the same boat. Money just isn't moving as well as it used to.

P.S. Yeah, it is just rude of some people to go through your listings and offer $1 on the rare stuff. I think they figure you may slip up and click the yes button by mistake. It does grate on ones nerves.

Ax

Edited by the.golden.ax

Because of the annoyance i am getting with the best offer option, i have decided to drop it off the majority of my listings temporarily! [...] If someone wants either one here i would be willing to sell them for $85 a piece but you have to let me know so i could pull them off ebay.

I KNEW IT! SIDE DEAL SIDE DEAL SIDE DEAL!!!

:P

Because of the annoyance i am getting with the best offer option, i have decided to drop it off the majority of my listings temporarily! [...] If someone wants either one here i would be willing to sell them for $85 a piece but you have to let me know so i could pull them off ebay.

I KNEW IT! SIDE DEAL SIDE DEAL SIDE DEAL!!!

:P

Awe so what!!! :roll:

I watch a lot of BIN to track prices. It's also useful to see who's posted something with a retarded BIN 3 times before giving up and auctioning it.

I listed a CIB Zaxxon 3 times before it sold. the first two times it was started at $65 with no takers once on ebay once on CTCW, then a third time on ebay with $85 starting bid and I sold it on a best offer for $70 I believe my box was in better condition than the one that Atarimania75 is trying to sell. Sadly I lost money on the sell. This was a game that had been part of my collection for 7+ years and when I originally purchased it was over the $100 mark.

IIRC Atarimania75 beat me out on a huge boxed 5200 set awhile back that contained both Zaxxon & Meteorites CIB, I want to say the auction closed around $156 Pretty nice profit once he sold off the Meteorites, this Zaxxon is close to 100% profit.

I listed a CIB Zaxxon 3 times before it sold. the first two times it was started at $65 with no takers once on ebay once on CTCW, then a third time on ebay with $85 starting bid and I sold it on a best offer for $70 I believe my box was in better condition than the one that Atarimania75 is trying to sell. Sadly I lost money on the sell. This was a game that had been part of my collection for 7+ years and when I originally purchased it was over the $100 mark.

IIRC Atarimania75 beat me out on a huge boxed 5200 set awhile back that contained both Zaxxon & Meteorites CIB, I want to say the auction closed around $156 Pretty nice profit once he sold off the Meteorites, this Zaxxon is close to 100% profit.

I notice u like to comment and deduct on things u may not have the correct info on. Its a great way to knock down the price someone is willing to pay for my items (or anyone elses for that matter) by the way and its really appreciated :roll: I have bought from you before and NOT CHEAP!

Edited by Atarimania75

I think boxed Zaxxon and Meteorites are worth a lot less now. With the economy so bad and people realizing there are a lot more of these out there, the price of these has dropped a lot. I myself wouldn't pay more than $40 for either of these games, even MIB. I think anybody paying more is getting ripped off.

Allan

I think boxed Zaxxon and Meteorites are worth a lot less now. With the economy so bad and people realizing there are a lot more of these out there, the price of these has dropped a lot. I myself wouldn't pay more than $40 for either of these games, even MIB. I think anybody paying more is getting ripped off.

Allan

$40 for cib meteorites?????? LOL good luck man!

Well... I'm here with my $76.50 + postage offer = $90 on eBay if you decide to go for it. Thanks for your consideration, I'm not judging you or knocking you. Once I see a good end price on something, even it it was a singularity, I tend to try and get one for that price and not more.. even if I wait awhile. When I wasn't collecting I had seen this in the $75 range so that was what I put in my spreadsheet. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all you do Atarimania75, please don't be upset with me for making the offer.

AX

I notice u like to comment and deduct on things u may not have the correct info on. Its a great way to knock down the price someone is willing to pay for my items (or anyone elses for that matter) by the way and its really appreciated :roll: I have bought from you before and NOT CHEAP!

You came here stating how ridiculous it was that this guy sent you an offer for $9 on a cib Zaxxon, but I think it's ridiculous that you would still be trying to sell this game a year later when you bought it to flip it. I agree $9 is a stupid offer, I wouldn't even bother to reply to that nut, but maybe he's tired of seeing you relist over and over again...

Not sure what you mean by correct info, I know for a fact you beat me on a sweet 5200 lot, with Zaxxon & Meteorites both CIB, and immediately started trying to sell them at top prices. That's okay if you don't remember the lot, I do cuz I was bidding for resell too, only I finished second to you.

Ebay Item: #200187301693

Auction Title: 11 ATARI 5200 GAMES W/ BOX INSTRUCTIONS & CONTROLLER

Auction Ended: 03Jan08 - 3:28:19 pm

Winning Bid: US $165.02

And then later in your feedback:

A EXCELLENT BUYER AND ASSET TO EBAY-THANKS

member432453 ( 2779 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] )

Jan-29-08 04:48

-- (#200187301693)

More power to you if you can get what you ask out of your games. If you are going to come here and pimp your auctions, you have to be open to people's comments. I honestly feel this should still be a $100 game as well, I paid more than that myself, but prices have fallen over the years on some games and this one is just not hitting that price right now. The fact that you have had it up so many times without selling is an obvious point to this fact. If the.golden.ax was really serious about buying your game for $85 he could have bought mine which was listed for less any one of the multiple times I had it up, but he didn't.

As far as my prices being NOT CHEAP! Well I do set BINs on the high side but the actual starting prices are often much more affordable, usually much less than I paid myself. You click the buy it nows, so you made the decision to buy at those prices. I doubt you lost much money when you resold them either, I'm pretty sure all your listings have been for more than my original BINs on the ones you bought off me.

I disagree with this statement. People aren't getting ripped off, they pay what they want to pay. And these two games are still extremely rare. Meteorites is a little more common with the box, Zaxxon loose, but neither are easy to find. I think I've only seen 2 CIB copies of Zaxxon over the past year not counting the one being offered here. I think this box is rarer than Meteorites honestly. K-razy Shoot-Out & Meteorites have both been found in case lot quanities, still factory sealed. Bounty Bob, while not the complete 5200 package, sealed C64 packages have been found which contain 5200 box & docs, just remove a few stickers. Honestly Zaxxon is on par with the rarest of rares for the 5200 for the complete package. Even Quest used a generic box for both 2600/5200/C64 packages although to find the 5200 sticker that goes on it is tough, the box is basically the same either way. The cheapest I've seen Meteorites at was $89 back last August. Zaxxon again my copy was sold at $70, $40 is still a little unrealistic probably not going to see either sell that low, but you can always dream.

The last boxed 5200 Zaxxon that I sold was in June 2008. It sold for $99.95 plus shipping.

One sale doesn't make it worth that value for others. It's obvious that there resellers here just trying to drive the price of these games up for there own benefit.

Allan

If the.golden.ax was really serious about buying your game for $85 he could have bought mine which was listed for less any one of the multiple times I had it up, but he didn't.

I can't speak to anything else you have said, but please do not make assumptions about whether you think I am serious about buying something. Several factors are involved in my collecting. First, being the amount of cash flow I currently have from selling my extras. Second, being what strikes my fancy any particular week. Sometimes it's Atari, sometimes it's Sega, sometimes it's something else. I shouldn't have to publicly be on the defense whether I am a serious buyer. If you have any doubts look at my 2300+ 100% eBay Feedback, and the pages upon pages of history here in the forums feedback section. When I commit to something I see it through. Admittedly, perhaps sometimes I am more optimistic with my time frames than I should be. However, I do complete agreed upon deals, and only commit to a deal, when in my personal accounting there is a clear plan for making payment. If I really can't afford stuff, I have to sit it out and sometime do, until I can afford it. Then the one that is available becomes the one I'm after. Sellers can't take watchers, and relisting personally in this economy. Dare to think outside the box at possible reasons for outcomes that may not be immediately apparent. Your price can be just right, mine often are, but the buyers just aren't ready for a thousand reasons. If you can't see past the end of your nose, you will just end up being mad at the world, and stepping on other peoples toes. Selling can take time, if you want to get what something is worth. This is something even I need to remember, and tell myself when selling. It can be frustrating.

Thanks,

AX