IGNORED

MALAGAI Real or repro?

Ben_Larson

(bidding on a game that he already owns).

So what exactly is your point? :ponder: I have multiple copies of many games. There is not alot of people who can shell out $200 - $400 at a time so most of these high priced auctions usually are people who own the game. :roll: So you are saying that because I already own Malagai that I shouldn't try to get a deal on another? Are you saying I made the auction worse because I bid on it? If you want a copy I have then just ask and we can deal. Don't get upset that you got outbid. If you only knew people before making half the remarks you make then you might think next time you post. PM me and we'll talk this out. Otherwise don't make remarks publicly unless you don't expect a response back. Besides, the seller might appreciate the bump. I know I would and you would to. My intent was to win the auction and not to just bump up the price. I had my hand on the button again for $235 but time ran out just as soon as ready to confirm the bid. Don't make me get Big Mike and have him Google you, then flip you over and Yahoo you, right in the AOL. :D

BTW: I ain't mad. Just watch what you say if you know it might cause Confrontation. Oh, my did I mention another Answer Software game? Don't make me run you through the Gauntlet buddy! :D :D :D

Edited by ninermaniac

So what exactly is your point? :ponder: I have multiple copies of many games. There is not alot of people who can shell out $200 - $400 at a time so most of these high priced auctions usually are people who own the game. :roll: So you are saying that because I already own Malagai that I shouldn't try to get a deal on another? Are you saying I made the auction worse because I bid on it? If you want a copy I have then just ask and we can deal. Don't get upset that you got outbid. If you only knew people before making half the remarks you make then you might think next time you post. PM me and we'll talk this out. Otherwise don't make remarks publicly unless you don't expect a response back. Besides, the seller might appreciate the bump. I know I would and you would to. My intent was to win the auction and not to just bump up the price. I had my hand on the button again for $235 but time ran out just as soon as ready to confirm the bid. Don't make me get Big Mike and have him Google you, then flip you over and Yahoo you, right in the AOL. :D

BTW: I ain't mad. Just watch what you say if you know it might cause Confrontation. Oh, my did I mention another Answer Software game? Don't make me run you through the Gauntlet buddy! :D :D :D

Maybe Papa Peng won it and you cost him $75 more. :ponder:

Maybe Papa Peng won it and you cost him $75 more. :ponder:

Correct, wolfman. Had you made it a 'true' Daily Double, you would've doubled your score!

Seriously though...

@ niner: I'm not "mad" either, and there's nothing to discuss. You can bid on whatever items you want, but I wonder why you'd bother when you when you already have this game (two copies, I believe? one of which you obtained in a lot for $90). I don't care if I'm bidding against people who legitimately want the game for their collection, but it's another thing when someone who already owns the game is tossing in a random 'reserve bid' to make sure the game doesn't sell too cheaply. I hate that, and I don't believe that you legitimately intended to win the auction. If you were actually trying to win it, you would've bid higher than that.

Anyhow, I got the game (reasonably) cheap, but could've gotten it quite a bit cheaper. That was my point...nothing more, nothing less.

BTW...I'm very surprised that this auction lasted until the end. I spoke to the seller after the auction and he only expected to get about $30 for it. I suspect he's somewhat regretting his decision to donate 10% of the profit to the WWF. :!:

I often buy the rarer title games to use as trade material even if I already have a copy of it; especially when the market is down. I have bought a lot of the rarer nstc titles to trade with my european/brazil/australian counterparts and have acquired some really cool PAL stuff. If I know someone else is looking and they have something I may need, then it is a win/win situation. That is my reason for bidding on games I already have :)

I hate that, and I don't believe that you legitimately intended to win the auction.

Not to argue but when I first joined AA I was completely involved in Answer Software games. Chips, PCB's, Etc. I still am a fan of Answer Software items. I don't know why but everyone has their favorite. Could be that I found one in a box full of other games a few years ago and that got me started on them when I found out how much it was really worth then. I don't go asking everyone anymore because it got me nowhere very fast. When I see a No Reserve auction for Answer Software stuff I go for it. I don't get crazy like I used to because I know patience will get you what you want. You have your opinion, even though it's illfaded and incorrect, and that is totally fine. Just remember! If you go after another Answer Software auction you'll have to deal with me. Got it! :x :D

Not to argue but when I first joined AA I was completely involved in Answer Software games. Chips, PCB's, Etc. I still am a fan of Answer Software items. I don't know why but everyone has their favorite. Could be that I found one in a box full of other games a few years ago and that got me started on them when I found out how much it was really worth then. I don't go asking everyone anymore because it got me nowhere very fast. When I see a No Reserve auction for Answer Software stuff I go for it. I don't get crazy like I used to because I know patience will get you what you want. You have your opinion, even though it's illfaded and incorrect, and that is totally fine. Just remember! If you go after another Answer Software auction you'll have to deal with me. Got it! :x :D

Ha! Same here with sealed Star Wars ROTJ! I am addicted to those and own 5 or 6 of them!!! :D

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

Once I acquire a "rare" game, I usually lose active interest in getting another one. Sometimes I'll keep tracking it to see what the value is on eBay or elsewhere, but my feeling is that I've gotten plenty of deals in my Atari collecting, so if someone else can also get a deal, why should I mess that up for that person?

I do appreciate that, with a few members here, we do PM each other regarding games or other stuff on eBay that we are thinking about bidding on as a courtesy to make sure we don't unnecessarily bid against each other, or to alert a fellow collector to something interesting we noticed that may be on someone's want list. The collector market for some things is small enough that supporting each other and having some sense of community is more important to me than jacking up the bidding because the item is "rare" and should have a certain value, or because I think I can get a bargain and flip it later, or because the item is something I'm obsessed with.

I like owning as many rarities as possible. I used to own about 5 SQ Waterworlds, 3 or 4 Chase the Chuckwagons and similar duplicates of rare titles. Sold some when times got tough. Still own a couple boxed Texas Chainsaw Massacres and Halloweens. Truthfully, one of the reasons I own (and used to hoard) many rarities is that my wife (at the time) didn't know what they were worth. Stored them in tubs in the garage and shed. Knew we were heading for divorce and I made sure I got all the "collectibles" in the divorce settlement. My little treasure chest.

I like owning as many rarities as possible. I used to own about 5 SQ Waterworlds, 3 or 4 Chase the Chuckwagons and similar duplicates of rare titles. Sold some when times got tough. Still own a couple boxed Texas Chainsaw Massacres and Halloweens. Truthfully, one of the reasons I own (and used to hoard) many rarities is that my wife (at the time) didn't know what they were worth. Stored them in tubs in the garage and shed. Knew we were heading for divorce and I made sure I got all the "collectibles" in the divorce settlement. My little treasure chest.

Even though I know what you are getting at, that is still f'ed up. :(

Even though I know what you are getting at, that is still f'ed up. :(

Maybe f'ed up, but still very creative! :D

I see no issue with it at all.

If the guy wants 10 Malagi's, 5 Music Machines, 4 Quadrun's diect from Mexico City... it is is choice.

I don't fault a guy for wanting more of something he values. This isn't really a case of goiving overboard, say, like octomom. He wants the game, he bids on it. Nuff said.

I will do that with Lynx Items is I run across something I want. If I find Desert Strikes on the cheap, I buy them. it isn't to help their value... it is for trade and insurace reasons (one day, if I need to sell a few copies, I could always do so). I don't see anything wrong with that.

So... I threw my stupid hat into the ring on this one. Please don't flame me too much

I do appreciate that, with a few members here, we do PM each other regarding games or other stuff on eBay that we are thinking about bidding on as a courtesy to make sure we don't unnecessarily bid against each other, or to alert a fellow collector to something interesting we noticed that may be on someone's want list. The collector market for some things is small enough that supporting each other and having some sense of community is more important to me than jacking up the bidding because the item is "rare" and should have a certain value, or because I think I can get a bargain and flip it later, or because the item is something I'm obsessed with.

Funny you mention this because there are a few groups of people I think that do this. It used to be much easier to recognize a friend when you could see the names of the ebayer and I have backed off a few myself for others to get cheaper which also got me wondering, is that like reverse schilling? I don't feel bad that I have not bid so that someone else could possibly get a better deal but I had a feeling more of this was happening. Even before the economy tanked, I think this had something to do with lower prices on medium rare games and even some of the higher end rares over the past 3 years or so. Most of the time the higher end rares would fetch their normal price and boxes always make it hit or miss but anyhow, It just had me thinking about if it was prevalent and wondering how it affected prices, and if it is somehow "wrong" to do in general. Cheers