IGNORED

River Patrol for sale

IHATETHEBEARS

I'd take a chance on this one, the negs are quite old and you could score a RP for pretty cheap here. Mind you I wouldn't bid anymore than about $150 on it personally.

IF I win this, will you make me a half an end lable. :P

You know it :cool:

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

WTF. What's the point of even bidding on anything anymore?

That's why I've pretty much given up on ebay. If anything remotely rare comes up it will be swiped in a private side deal, which isn't the way an auction is supposed to work. Ebay is truly broken.

Tempest

:( :( :( Foiled again; I have been searching for this one for quite some time. I had the high bid when the auction ended, not that I was going to win, but I had in a decent bid and I always look forward to a little competition :) Okay, who is the scum that lowballed us all with the side deal, show yourself, don't be afraid now. I am not into making side deals, but I did email the seller asking him or her why they ended the auction early. I emailed them just after I received that nice email from Ebay telling me the item I was bidding on was no longer available. No response yet, probably will not get one, will let you know if I do. I agree Tempest, almost time to pull the plug on Ebay. In the meantime, who wants to sell me a River Patrol. Cheers all, FB

:( :( :( Foiled again; I have been searching for this one for quite some time. I had the high bid when the auction ended, not that I was going to win, but I had in a decent bid and I always look forward to a little competition :) Okay, who is the scum that lowballed us all with the side deal, show yourself, don't be afraid now. I am not into making side deals, but I did email the seller asking him or her why they ended the auction early. I emailed them just after I received that nice email from Ebay telling me the item I was bidding on was no longer available. No response yet, probably will not get one, will let you know if I do. I agree Tempest, almost time to pull the plug on Ebay. In the meantime, who wants to sell me a River Patrol. Cheers all, FB

That sucks. I was watching this one too. If someone ends an auction early on the Chuckwagon it has a disclaimer that says this will still be considered a sale to the highest bidder (at the time). The bottom line is if they list it, it should run until the auction is set to end. Period. Or they should have never listed it in the first place. This takes away the chance that side deals would be made on the Chuckwagon. At least for the most part.

Edited by Parrothead

That seller has always been a little fishy. The description was BS There's ZERO chance that he didn't know what River Patrol was or had never heard of it before. He knew exactly what he was selling. Nobody suckered him with a low side offer.

Agreed, I think some buyer offered $300 to $350 and he took it. No big deal. :)

That seller has always been a little fishy. The description was BS There's ZERO chance that he didn't know what River Patrol was or had never heard of it before. He knew exactly what he was selling. Nobody suckered him with a low side offer.

It is a big deal. Because the seller took a side offer no one else got a chance to bid on it. What's the point of having an 'auction' site if nothing ever ends up being auctioned off? All it is is a free for all to send the seller a bid and hope he takes yours first before someone else gets to them. That's not an auction.

Tempest

It is a big deal. Because the seller took a side offer no one else got a chance to bid on it. What's the point of having an 'auction' site if nothing ever ends up being auctioned off? All it is is a free for all to send the seller a bid and hope he takes yours first before someone else gets to them. That's not an auction.

Tempest

I didn't say it was right,but it is very common. Over 10 years of it, I am just used to it. That is why epay is turning into more of a store, than an auction site.

It is a big deal to me to as it is one of the last games that I need in my collection and I have been trying to get one for awhile; I would just once like to have a chance for the auction to go all the way through and let the best man or woman win. Maybe I should start in on the side deal offers, oh wait this is an auction site; highest bid wins right :D BS I see your point to hhwolfman; after it happens a few times and you see the big Atari 2600 titles up for auction and then disappear we become accustomed to it happening. Still does make it right as it defeats the purpose of what an auction is supposed to be, but hey life's a bitch then you die :D So who has one they want to sell me. :ponder: Cheers,

Edited by Frostbite Bailey

I have griped about this before myself, and unfortunately you do start to get used to it. It sucks and ebay sucks. Problem is, it is only going to get worse.

On a positive note ebay is doing all it can to get rid of regular sellers so hopefully they will go under once there are no more auction listings.