IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Shadowgate (NES)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Some readers might remember, Uninvited was my first "Playing..." experience ever, and here comes Shadowgate, its follow-up:

shadowgate.gif

It's no straight sequel, but it uses the same no-typing-required interface once again for another scary adventure experience.

The story is a story of old: Some "good" wizard teleported you into the castle of some "bad" wizard, which you're supposed to kill now.

Graphics wise, music wise and controls wise it's pretty much all the same as in Uninvited, so what you basically get is a new story with different riddles.

On my first night playing it, I figured out several riddles on my own, but also already got stuck again just like in Uninvited, without having a clue of how to continue. After an hour of fruitless experimenting didn't get me anywhere, I learned from a walkthrough that one of the torches in the game also worked as a lever :-o

Killing a Wraith in the next room provided me with a couple of bradnew items, so I'm hoping I can continue on my own again for a while tomorrow :)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=6103