IGNORED

star fox 2 snes

atariwizard

Who made this thread visible? :roll:

I don't follow.

The thread is four days old. It was on the first page of this forum about half way down...it's not siginificantly more "visible" now than it was.

Follow this, the dude is on moderator preview and I left this thread invisible (un-approved) because of the content. ;)

Who made this thread visible? :roll:

I don't follow.

The thread is four days old. It was on the first page of this forum about half way down...it's not siginificantly more "visible" now than it was.

Follow this, the dude is on moderator preview and I left this thread invisible (un-approved) because of the content. ;)

Fair enough.

whats a moderator preview

Everything you post is invisible to regular users. So, next time you post a whole bunch of crap reproduction links, nobody will ever see them.

Sounds cool I want that ability! :)

Either you "see" the matrix, or you don't. :)

whats a moderator preview

Everything you post is invisible to regular users. So, next time you post a whole bunch of crap reproduction links, nobody will ever see them.

Sounds cool I want that ability! :)

I see dead people.

You too!

I had no clue you were a mortician too! :thumbsup:

As a side note, as I'd like to play this... it was mentioned there are 20 dollar repros out there. I did a search and didn't find anything under 140 on the net. Any clue on who could make these? I know the roms are out there, but I don't use emulators at all.

As a side note, as I'd like to play this... it was mentioned there are 20 dollar repros out there. I did a search and didn't find anything under 140 on the net. Any clue on who could make these? I know the roms are out there, but I don't use emulators at all.

I was just throwing $20 out there as a random amount. I don't follow the Nintendo scene and I don't remember exactly who sold these or how much they went for, but I can tell you that it was significantly less than $200.

There were boxed versions available and one of those sold for about $120 a few months back, IIRC. I suspect a loose copy would fetch half that much (or less). I'm not sure if anyone is still making these, but I would think more could be made as long as you have the appropriate donor cart.

I was just throwing $20 out there as a random amount. I don't follow the Nintendo scene and I don't remember exactly who sold these or how much they went for, but I can tell you that it was significantly less than $200.

There were boxed versions available and one of those sold for about $120 a few months back, IIRC. I suspect a loose copy would fetch half that much (or less). I'm not sure if anyone is still making these, but I would think more could be made as long as you have the appropriate donor cart.

Going rate is anywhere from $60 to $80, but I don't make them. The eproms are kind of costly and you have to track down a FX2 donor cart to boot, I believe. There are tutorials on the web if you want to make one for yourself.

Hmm alright guys. Thanks for the intel.

I know that if you don't have the right cart, the speed of the game isn't correct. Though, that's the only thing I ever heard about the carts. I always assumed you had to make your own, and that no one ever made them to sell. I'd love to make my own, but I'm afraid I'm not very proficient when it comes to soldering and all that jazz.

Hmm alright guys. Thanks for the intel.

I know that if you don't have the right cart, the speed of the game isn't correct. Though, that's the only thing I ever heard about the carts. I always assumed you had to make your own, and that no one ever made them to sell. I'd love to make my own, but I'm afraid I'm not very proficient when it comes to soldering and all that jazz.

For what its worth I've made a couple Starfox2 repro's I didn't make the one that the original poster has/had for sale.

however mine came with alot more then what he was offering. I made up a box and a few misc posters with a cardboard insert, SF2logo on the insert, dust cover, custom label art to match box, (clearly states reproduction on both the back of box and label) also added a brand new battery holder and batter.

the first one I made sold for around 250 shipped I believe the last one I sold a few weeks back was for around 130 I had one on CTCW a before that and it sold for 165 shipped. I believe I'd made 5 starfox 2's not really sure how many if any more I'm going to make it does take alot of work and a steady hand

the biggest things to make one of these are

1. chips are expensive upwards of 10 dollars a pop.

2. the mask rom (that contains the game) on the donor cart is surfaced mounted so it takes close to 2 hours just to get the old chip off and the new one on because you have to wire individual wires from the board to the chip which make 64 places that need to be soldered

3. desoldering the old battery and modifying the case to accept the new battery holder.

and at least for the reproductions I was making it took around 20 hours to make the box artwork from scratch (not a sticker job ontop of a donor box)

here is a link to one of the ones I made that was sold on the chuckwagon.

sorry I forgot the link

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messagevi...;threadid=18346

Edited by i2a2n2

o sorry cpu i didnt know it was a repo im kinda gullible

I smell a dirty fucking cheat.

Oh don't worry, thats just your breath blowing back in your face.

MENTOS. The freshmaker...

No, somebody could have bought that & lost a huge amount of money all because of a scam. Seriously, would you want to be that person? It's just selfish.