IGNORED

Intellivison issue

KIWASABI

Hey everybody,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. My Intellivision started doing this thing where midgame it would start getting all fuzzy and sometimes the fuzziness/static would stop, but lately it never stops. I thought it might be the RF cable because its got a hole in the rubber near the tv output with some exposed wires, but I tried my NES RF cable on it and it was doing the same thing. Also, it's looking as though it won't work at all when I have it set to Channel 3, but when I have it set to channel 4 it gives me the game but with tons of static (it's bad enough to be unplayable). Should I look to get a new Intellivision or is there a fairly easy fix to this? Since it doesn't appear to be the RF cable I'm thinking it might be out of my realm of expertise (which is incredibly narrow in this regard). Thanks for any help.

-Adam

Edited by KIWASABI

Hey everybody,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. My Intellivision started doing this thing where midgame it would start getting all fuzzy and sometimes the fuzziness/static would stop, but lately it never stops. I thought it might be the RF cable because its got a hole in the rubber near the tv output with some exposed wires, but I tried my NES RF cable on it and it was doing the same thing. Also, it's looking as though it won't work at all when I have it set to Channel 3, but when I have it set to channel 4 it gives me the game but with tons of static (it's bad enough to be unplayable). Should I look to get a new Intellivision or is there a fairly easy fix to this? Since it doesn't appear to be the RF cable I'm thinking it might be out of my realm of expertise (which is incredibly narrow in this regard). Thanks for any help.

-Adam

I'm no Intellivision maven but a bit of Google shaking turned this up:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/tech/rfmod/

That page gives instructions on replacing the RF modulator in your Inty.

Or you could just try doing without the modulator altogether:

http://intelliwiki.kylesblog.com/index.php...eo_Modification

Edited by frogstar_robot

Thanks frogstar_robot, I didn't even think about the fact that the modulator is inside of the machine. I'll probably need to just get a new Intellivision then since replacing it looked fairly complex. But I can open it up and check it out just in case.

-Adam