IGNORED

These ripples appear on my screen when playing the NES... >:C

GOTHCLAWZ

It did this on both the Aerial AND the RGB output, how do I fix this problem? I would have used fire but I only have one NES.

It is PAL, the shell is perfect condition and I am using it on a British TV with British electricity on British soil, so it's resources are all correct.

n1079831946_359989_5352756.jpg

I'll take a picture of my TV screen in a bit...

AFAIK taking a picture of the system means nothing. A picture of the tv however would probably help. Also, does this happen for every game you try or only a couple?

Make sure the cotacts in the system and carts are clean for starters, that when the game is inserted the cart is stable, and that the pin connectors are ok. Also make sure everything is tight and none of the cables are loose as well. The shell can look fine but still have problems. US NES systems are known for 72 pin connector problems. I've even seen it with new systems. You don't know the origins of the system so you also don't know how bumped around it was.

It's all I can think of without having more info.

AFAIK taking a picture of the system means nothing. A picture of the tv however would probably help.

Really?

Also, does this happen for every game you try or only a couple?

Well, to be honest, my entire NES cartridge collection is 1. It has Super Mario Bros & Duck Hunt on it.

Make sure the cotacts in the system and carts are clean for starters, that when the game is inserted the cart is stable, and that the pin connectors are ok. Also make sure everything is tight and none of the cables are loose as well. The shell can look fine but still have problems.

Yeah, although it was in a damp area when I got it. It was given to me via some dodgy deal from which the sources I am not to know of. But it was slightly wet & quite cold in the back of a car trunk.

US NES systems are known for 72 pin connector problems. I've even seen it with new systems. You don't know the origins of the system so you also don't know how bumped around it was.

It's all I can think of without having more info.

Well thanks, I'll look into PAL pin modding.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by "ripples"? Do you have a picture of the problem? If you're talking about the vertical, dim lines (about evry 1/4" or so on a 19" set), that's normal. That is caused by the PPU, and will be present on all NES and derivitives. It's much worse on the toploader though.

-Ian