IGNORED

FA:Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer + Over 100 Games & Accessories

Mindfield

Thanks buddy, Don't spend it all in one place. Well anyway, Congrates Ax, on the Win, and Eric on the sale. I really have spent to much in the past couple of weeks. I just bought a Huge Colecovision Collection. I can't wait to get that in. Also Buying Ericdelee's Vectrex collection just about tapped me out. It is a amazing collection. It is good everyone is getting something, and happy. ;) You gonna snipe that big one. :grin: :grin: :?

Wha!? Tell me more about these eBay Fee's of yours. Are you sure it was $14? Is eBay USA charging more than eBay CA? The final value fee on the video game section on ebay.com is 15% = $45.75 if I sold the same value item (plus listing fees). I'd love more info on how it was $14 (I HATE EBAY!) You musta thought I was nuts when I first said that about $50 in fees.

AX

Wha!? Tell me more about these eBay Fee's of yours. Are you sure it was $14? Is eBay USA charging more than eBay CA? The final value fee on the video game section on ebay.com is 15% = $45.75 if I sold the same value item (plus listing fees). I'd love more info on how it was $14 (I HATE EBAY!) You musta thought I was nuts when I first said that about $50 in fees.

AX

I think for the final value fee it's 15% on the up to $50, and then it's 5% after that ($50.01 to $1,000), and after a $1000 it's 2%. You add these all up to get the final value total.

so:

15% of first $50 = $7.50

5% of $305 - $50 = $12.75

I get $20.25 for the final value fee, which is less than what Ax calculated, and more than Mindfield calculated??

Edited by Omegamatrix

There's no 15% in there. The final value fees are 8.75% of the first $25, plus 3.25% of the remaining closing value up to $1,000, and an additional 1.5% of the remaining closing value over $1,000 (the latter of which doesn't apply here). Also, the $14 figure I quoted ($14.10 to be specific) is in Canadian funds, so that's about $12.60 US at current exchange rates.

eBay fees aren't actually that bad. Of course, PayPal is going to take their chunk, too. (2.9% + $0.30)