IGNORED

Papercraft Pac Man

The downloadable graphics that you make these out of are scalable, to some extent, so if you had a big-enough printer, you could make them a bit bigger than the one I made, but even so, it seems like it might be a lot of work for some pretty small decorations.

By the way, I used orangey-yellow paper for this one, 'cause I happened to have some really heavy card-stock in that color. If you print yours on normal white paper, it will, naturally, look a little different.

there's a whole world out there of papercraft... some people really do insane things, like this guy creating vehicles of c&c:

http://candcpapercraft.blogspot.com/2008/0...oth-mark-i.html

Yes, I'd like to build this one: F-44 Rapier II :lust:

But, OMG, so many tiny parts to glue, I'm not good at stuff like this... :|

Edited by Herbarius

How big is yours? I can't tell from the pics.

Funny, that's the same thing I hear from women when I respond to their "Casual Encounters" ads on Craigslist!

Just kidding.

In the third photo, mine is sitting on top of a blank CD. That should give you an idea of the size. I believe it's less than six inches tall.

Yeah, there really is a whole world of insane papercraft out there. I downloaded the instructions and graphics to make an Air France Concorde, for example, but I don't see myself ever actually doing it, 'cause it's so complicated. Other amazing things I've seen on the Web are the Falcon XB from Mad Max and The Road Warrior, the Batmobile from the 1960s TV show, and The Land Ironclads war machine, from the HG Wells short story of the same name. Truly amazing stuff.

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing a picture of a bunch of these little paper arcade units assembled together some time ago but never any instructions on how to make them yourself. I dl'ed all of the templates. Now all I need to do is get the motivation to make them. ;)

How big is yours? I can't tell from the pics.

Funny, that's the same thing I hear from women when I respond to their "Casual Encounters" ads on Craigslist!

Just kidding.

In the third photo, mine is sitting on top of a blank CD. That should give you an idea of the size. I believe it's less than six inches tall.

Thanks. And, yeah, I knew that question sounded a little...odd. :ponder: :D

I'm glad y'all find this interesting. Looking at that thing, and the size of it, my mind gets to wondering...

What if it was possible to print the parts on something more substantial than heavy paper? Or glue the heavy paper to something more substantial?

And then use those parts to do a case-mod on, say, a Nokia 6620, or some similar phone that was capable of running eeMame? The screen would be just about the right size...

And they did make a full-sized, wireless, qwerty keyboard for the 6620, which could serve as a controller...

Not a project that I have the time or expertise to tackle, but it sure would be interesting, and I could imagine somebody out there doing it.

Somewhere on the Web I once found a tutorial on how to do it right. Here's what little I recall:

Always use and X-acto razor or knife (not scissors) to cut out your pieces.

Position the paper so that whenever you're cutting, you're always pulling the knife directly towards yourself.

For any and all lines where there's going to be a fold, first run your razor down that line, not deeply enough to cut the paper, just enough to make a groove along where the fold will be made.

For anything that needs to be curved, such as the fuselage of an airplane, curl the paper around a pencil or pen and sort of roll it back and forth to force a curve into the paper before you assemble the piece.

I hope that helps.