IGNORED

Does anyone know anything about this game?

huskers1987

I think this guy is huffing model airplane glue. there is no reason for the game to be that much, sealed or not, black label or not. It is perhaps worth what it was when it was brand new, maybe a bit more to the right collector, but that's it. no way in hell is it worth $350 PLUS shipping... sheesh

this is why drugs are bad mmmkay

I think this guy is huffing model airplane glue. there is no reason for the game to be that much, sealed or not, black label or not. It is perhaps worth what it was when it was brand new, maybe a bit more to the right collector, but that's it. no way in hell is it worth $350 PLUS shipping... sheesh

thats exactly what i thought about it, i was thinking 40-50 dollars at the highest , maybe a little more with the right people bidding.

thats exactly what i thought about it, i was thinking 40-50 dollars at the highest , maybe a little more with the right people bidding.

I have heard of a Final Fantasy game being collectible due to the particular label release. I think it is the original FFVII has a misprinted label, some spelling errors or something and I have seen sealed or mint condition versions sell for like $75 on ebay.

I googled around a bit and found this thread asking pretty much the same thing:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173033

and coming to pretty much the same conclusions. let's see what this auction does. I bet it does not sell but perhaps if the seller had balls and listed it at $1 to start it would get bid up to maybe $100 or so

stupid is as stupid does

To the wrong person, the name Final Fantasy is synonymous with cash. No American release of any Final Fantasy game is worth more than $40, and that's if it's mint and sealed. FF7 goes for $35 and under around here, and it shows up fairly often in several used game stores for less than that.

EDIT: "Wrong person" = "reseller", BTW.

Edited by shadow460

I have heard of a Final Fantasy game being collectible due to the particular label release. I think it is the original FFVII has a misprinted label, some spelling errors or something and I have seen sealed or mint condition versions sell for like $75 on ebay.

I googled around a bit and found this thread asking pretty much the same thing:

thanks for the info on this

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173033

and coming to pretty much the same conclusions. let's see what this auction does. I bet it does not sell but perhaps if the seller had balls and listed it at $1 to start it would get bid up to maybe $100 or so

stupid is as stupid does

This seller is one of quite a few that have been jacking up the prices on sealed items. They are doing this in many game system categories. It started with VGA sealed Atari stuff and it's working it's way up the ladder. It's sad but PS2 items are pretty common still so the good thing is most Video Game shops still carry these PS2 games new. I also hate the fact that Video Game shops are checking eBay for prices on items and when they see crap like this it pi$$es me off when I just went to the Video Game shop a couple days and now they jacked up some prices because of this. I say neuter em'. :D

@huskers1987 I think your post got messed up, you just quoted and there's nothing from you <--- nevermind, I see it now. you said 'thanks' ... you're welcome :)

@ninermaniac

This seller is one of quite a few that have been jacking up the prices on sealed items. They are doing this in many game system categories. It started with VGA sealed Atari stuff and it's working it's way up the ladder. It's sad but PS2 items are pretty common still so the good thing is most Video Game shops still carry these PS2 games new. I also hate the fact that Video Game shops are checking eBay for prices on items and when they see crap like this it pi$$es me off when I just went to the Video Game shop a couple days and now they jacked up some prices because of this. I say neuter em'. :D

well, when shops do this, they make their own bed and will find that no one will buy from them at those prices. I still have to believe there are more collectors with a brain than not.

I do not blame someone trying to cash in on stupidity but you should do it with some savvy, not buyitnow for $350!

To the wrong person, the name Final Fantasy is synonymous with cash. No American release of any Final Fantasy game is worth more than $40, and that's if it's mint and sealed. FF7 goes for $35 and under around here, and it shows up fairly often in several used game stores for less than that.

except for possibly the aforementioned misprinted label. I should google info on that to get it right but I think it was FFVII, original U.S. printing

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

interesting reading:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-BLAC...000000004673273

http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/raritygu...print-64-a.html

EDIT: lol!! oh the irony.. looks like I have the first edition, black label version of FFVII with the infamous mis-print. anyone here want to part with their hard earned money? haha

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Looks like there were a couple of things corrected or changed on the black label FF7:

1. The "misprint" is actually a sort of misspelling. the word "masterpiece" on the back label is spelled "masterp ece" with the "i" in the line above it...sort of.

2. The ESRB rating was changed from Teen to Teen 13+.

Orly? So FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the SNES, FF3 on the SNES mint sealed are worth $40 or less eh? Wow your a tool.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Orly? So FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the SNES, FF3 on the SNES mint sealed are worth $40 or less eh? Fuck your a tool.

Those sealed, on a bad day, Will go for $150

Orly? So FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the SNES, FF3 on the SNES mint sealed are worth $40 or less eh? Fuck your a tool.

A fairly easy oversight NOT to think about those earlier games given that the discussion is about a NEW next-gen game... I really do not see the need to call people names in such a callous, off handed way...

and btw: "your" is spelled "you're" as in "you are a tool"... but I won't go calling you names for such a simple mistake ;)

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion misinformed or not. And yes $40 might be a loose price for one of the FFs for NES. In fact I did sell one of those games for about that price loose. However I digress...

Yes this thread is about a newer FF game and name calling doesn't help the situation and won't change what someone is or isn't.

I think we all can agree that regardless, a fool and their money are soon parted. :)

YOUR right ;)

now who wants to buy my ULTRA R@REZ Black Label, Final Fantasy VII with the super cool mis-print... you know you want it...

gimmie three fitty!

I will take your FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the SNES, FF3 on the SNES mint sealed for $40 each. :D :P

I actually DO have those carts loose, not mint, except for FF3. you can't have 'em 'cause you didn't use enough L33t speak!! :P

YOUR right ;)

now who wants to buy my ULTRA R@REZ Black Label, Final Fantasy VII with the super cool mis-print... you know you want it...

gimmie three fitty!

I will take your FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the SNES, FF3 on the SNES mint sealed for $40 each. :D :P

Me too cause you know not a single USA released FF is worth more than that and they are sooooo dirt easy :cool:

YOUR right ;)

gimmie three fitty!

Me too cause you know not a single USA released FF is worth more than that and they are sooooo dirt easy :cool:

because ONE person in this thread "forgot" (imo) that there were earlier games made that are indeed worth more, I don't see how the joke is worth milking so much, especially at my expense since I wasn't even the guy who made the claim.

That the later final fantasy games released in the u.s. are not worth all that much for a variety of reasons, probably the best reason is they just are not rare anymore. the game flew off the shelves here after it came to the playstation one and beyond so it just is not worth that much and when you have a discussion in THAT context, I don't see how calling someone out on forgetting about the earlier games is relevant beyond simply pointing it out.

I also see that you changed your post above to read "wow" instead of "fuck" but left the grammatical error in tact... the irony I was trying to allude to by pointing out YOUR mistake was that it was just as similar a mistake as shadow460 made by overlooking the early FF games and their intrinsic collector value here in the states and that he was wrong if you look at the entire library of FF games but not wrong if you look at what this thread was discussing...

its all about context and just as it was nit picky for me to point out your grammatical mistake, so was it nit-picky for you to point out shadow460's short selective memory and then use it as a platform to make the same joke again and again.

forgive me in advance if I am perceiving this all wrong but seems like I am being ribbed for a comment that i didn't even make because there is an assumption that i agree with it, which I do not. I just don't see the point in rubbing people's noses in their mistakes over and over again.

Not at your expens at all Mark and I'm sorry if my post seemed that way, It's all about shadow's repeated posts on things he has no clue about. You know the kinda guy that thinks they are a know it all when they know nothing at all?? :lol:

EDIT: I removed the swear from my post to tone it down a little, the grammar I could care less about.

Edited by Shawn Sr.