IGNORED

Does anyone know anything about this game?

huskers1987

Not at your expens at all Mark and I'm sorry if my post seemed that way, It's all about shadow's repeated posts on things he has no clue about. You know the kinda guy that thinks they are a know it all when they know nothing at all?? :lol:

EDIT: I removed the swear from my post to tone it down a little, the grammar I could care less about.

PM sent so as to try to preserve the topic here and get it back on track.

I sent the following message to the ebay seller:

You DO realize that it is the black label printing of FFVII that is the valuable one right? although it is not worth $350. You know, the one with the mis-print on the back? This one is not worth much more than it was the day it launched. If you want valuable FF titles, look to the NES and SNES. If you had sealed versions of those, you would be rich and $350 would be about right.

I'll post his reply if he bothers to write one

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

*EVERY* time I have messaged a seller about some clearly wacky price, and let them know what the actual market price was, I received mean, threatening, downright nasty replies. So now I don't bother. If people want to be idiots, let 'em, they may even find a BIGGER idiot that will pay the ask. (see threads on $250 600XLs and $800 falcons).

Sorta related to a new Craigslist thing I've been seeing: "Goes for $XXX on ebay!" which loosely translates to "i searched on ebay and the highest listing price I could find is $xxx" (even tho the best *completed listing* is for like 12 cents with free shipping).

*EVERY* time I have messaged a seller about some clearly wacky price, and let them know what the actual market price was, I received mean, threatening, downright nasty replies. So now I don't bother. If people want to be idiots, let 'em, they may even find a BIGGER idiot that will pay the ask. (see threads on $250 600XLs and $800 falcons).

Sorta related to a new Craigslist thing I've been seeing: "Goes for $XXX on ebay!" which loosely translates to "i searched on ebay and the highest listing price I could find is $xxx" (even tho the best *completed listing* is for like 12 cents with free shipping).

lol! I do realize that contacting an idiot about an idiotic listing is an exercise in futility but I am actually kinda curious to read the reaction and post it just for laughs. I also think that this stands as a warning to the newer members among us who are here to learn about the hobby and what to watch out for and be weary of. It is also a lesson to the ebay savvy among us who may be enticed to put up auctions to cash in on the general stupidity of others and this shows exactly how NOT to go about it.

This is textbook idiocy and hopefully it will amuse and inform :D

I for one am amused!

lol! I do realize that contacting an idiot about an idiotic listing is an exercise in futility but I am actually kinda curious to read the reaction and post it just for laughs. I also think that this stands as a warning to the newer members among us who are here to learn about the hobby and what to watch out for and be weary of. It is also a lesson to the ebay savvy among us who may be enticed to put up auctions to cash in on the general stupidity of others and this shows exactly how NOT to go about it.

I for one am amused!

I can't wait for his response. :D

I for one am amused!

I just sold my FF X PS@ Black for 91.00, had it listed for 20 mins. final fantasy

Edited by huskers1987

I for one am amused!

I just sold my FF X PS@ Black for 91.00, had it listed for 20 mins. final fantasy

I bet His $350 asking price, Helped you quite a bit. Good time to list it. Made it look like yours was a bargin. :D

I for one am amused!

I bet His $350 asking price, Helped you quite a bit. Good time to list it. Made it look like yours was a bargin. :D

I bet it did, I just figured, HELL, why not,IM gonna list it, NEVER thought I would get that price for it.

good job and exactly how to do it right. very nice. I see you listed at $100 BIN and had offers open. I think there is NO reason not to have offers open. the guy with the $350 listing should do that as well and I'll bet that his listing did indeed help yours

I would say that for the right FF collector, that game, sealed, was perhaps an ok, not so stupid investment, assuming the person was an avid collector and has alot invested in it and has all the iterations of the games bot in playable condition and sealed condition. I can see how that would be an ok amount of money to spend if you had some money to burn and you were impatient to sit it out until a sealed version cropped up for a "sane" price

I'm not saying it wasn't still kinda stupid but at least it wasn't MEGA stupid and that sale does lend credence then to other sellers who will come along and say "see, on ebay that game sold for $91!!" haha

ahh well, chicky called it... "a fool and their money are soon parted"

I may go ahead and really sell my FFVII then... it's "black label"... oooohhhh ahhhhhhh

hey!! I have a sealed FFXI for 360... whaddya suppose that is worth?

edit: ah well :(

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

there are like a million of them on there. why did no one play this game? my wife is a huge FF fan but never opened this one. seems like it is a pattern out there

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Trying this with another ridiculously overpriced eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Captain-Novolin-SNES-f...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I listed mine for less than a third of that...

holy crap... I've never even heard of that game... is it any good? oh man I gotta go play this on the Super Wild Card....

Trying this with another ridiculously overpriced eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Captain-Novolin-SNES-f...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I listed mine for less than a third of that...

holy crap... I've never even heard of that game... is it any good? oh man I gotta go play this on the Super Wild Card....

I can't imagine it is too good - never played it though...

One of the more pleasant responses i got back... This was for a $250 boxed 600XL:

NO REASON I CANT PUT THIS RIGHT BACK IN THE ATTIC I SUPPOSE. NO SKIN OFF MY BACK. EVERYONE KNOWS I WILL GET THE ASKING PRICE EVENTUALLY JUST GIVE IT TIME.I PRICED ONE AT BEST ELECTRONICS AND IT WAS ABOUT 125 AND UP.(AND IF YOU NEED SOME ACCESSORIES THE PRICE WILL BE HIGHER) SO I WILL WAIT IT OUT. BUT THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY AUCTION.I HAVE HAD WELL OVER 250 VISITS ON A 7 DAY AUCTION. SOMEONE IS BOUND TO BUY IT.

Everyone knows. haha. They relisted for $200, didn't sell (imagine that!)

I really want to know what the person selling the $800 Falcon is thinking ($900 BIN), it's on the 3rd or 4th try.

Not sure what the insertion fee is for $800 start, and $900 BIN, but I'd imagine its a few bucks at least.

Edited by poobah

One of the more pleasant responses i got back... This was for a $250 boxed 600XL:

NO REASON I CANT PUT THIS RIGHT BACK IN THE ATTIC I SUPPOSE. NO SKIN OFF MY BACK. EVERYONE KNOWS I WILL GET THE ASKING PRICE EVENTUALLY JUST GIVE IT TIME.I PRICED ONE AT BEST ELECTRONICS AND IT WAS ABOUT 125 AND UP.(AND IF YOU NEED SOME ACCESSORIES THE PRICE WILL BE HIGHER) SO I WILL WAIT IT OUT. BUT THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY AUCTION.I HAVE HAD WELL OVER 250 VISITS ON A 7 DAY AUCTION. SOMEONE IS BOUND TO BUY IT.

Everyone knows. haha. They relisted for $200, didn't sell (imagine that!)

I really want to know what the person selling the $800 Falcon is thinking ($900 BIN), it's on the 3rd or 4th try.

Not sure what the insertion fee is for $800 start, and $900 BIN, but I'd imagine its a few bucks at least.

I really hate those "ALL CAPS" responses... right off the bat you know you're dealing with someone who does not have a clue

everyone knows that hahaha