IGNORED

Atari 8 bit rare, unreleased and proto games coming to eBay?

GroovyBee

Taken from the following auction (not mine) :-

"I also have a huge software collection for the atari 8 bit range (400, 800, xl, xe) that consists of around 1500 titles, mainly Games. Some of these are ultra rare and do not appear on atarimania, some are prototypes, pre-release and unreleased games. A lot are factory sealed and some have different artwork, graphic/spelling mistakes etc. I also have a very nice collection of review copies of atari games, some of these games were never finally released and these are the only way to get them. It will take be a while to get through this lot so keep an eye out or send me a question if there is something you want me to look for. And yes, I do have a sealed, mint, M.U.L.E!"

Could be a seller to watch.

Taken from the following auction (not mine) :-

"I also have a huge software collection for the atari 8 bit range (400, 800, xl, xe) that consists of around 1500 titles, mainly Games. Some of these are ultra rare and do not appear on atarimania, some are prototypes, pre-release and unreleased games. A lot are factory sealed and some have different artwork, graphic/spelling mistakes etc. I also have a very nice collection of review copies of atari games, some of these games were never finally released and these are the only way to get them. It will take be a while to get through this lot so keep an eye out or send me a question if there is something you want me to look for. And yes, I do have a sealed, mint, M.U.L.E!"

Could be a seller to watch.

wow

I don't know how closely I'd watch his stuff. He has listed a lot of stuff in mediocre condition so far, a lot of European version stuff that is only unlisted on various sites because nobody has really done a good comprehensive inventory of Atari 800 Euro releases and sealed, maybe harder to find stuff with ridiculous asking prices. Not exactly going to find any bargains with this guy.

I'm not a fan of the budget Euro releases, claimshell packaging, cassette tapes with no outer boxes etc, but I'm sure with 1500 titles, he has many US releases as well. Seems like most of the high prices are best offer type auctions so you can make a reasonable stab at it. I'm most surprised with the conversion rates, I guess I haven't been keeping up recently but 50 GBP use to be around $100 US, now it's $80. A year ago his prices would have been higher as a prospective US bidder? :ponder: :P